Marie's Ferrari Roso Corsa Red SongSeries speakers

jsalk

Marie's Ferrari Roso Corsa Red SongSeries speakers
« on: 24 Feb 2012, 06:43 pm »
Marie, an Australian, wanted a SongSeries home theater.  She had seen a photo of a pair of SongTowers we did a while ago in Lamborghini Superfly Yellow and wanted to know if we could do the same thing in Ferrari Roso Corsa Red.  Of course we could!

Here are some pictures...

And a picture of the center and surrounds...

These were delivered a few months ago, but I discovered that I had never posted the pictures.  Sorry.

For some reason, these pictures are showing up blotchy on audiocircle, but the original images look fine on my computer.  Oh well... 

Happy listening Marie!

- Jim

Meicheng

Re: Marie's Ferrari Roso Corsa Red SongSeries speakers
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2012, 07:11 pm »
I like those racing stripes!

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2012, 07:18 pm »
I like those racing stripes!

Exactly what I was thinking. Icing on the cake.  :thumb:

Gzerro

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2012, 07:21 pm »
I love the Ferrari Red, the full red baffles are a nice addition. Are the baffles wood or did you paint the standard ones?

Hopefully they will bring Alonzo some luck taking the F1 World Championship Trophy back to Maranello.

mark funk

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2012, 07:33 pm »
  Where is the horse! :lol:   Not for me but I like them :thumb:

:smoke:

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm »
I love the Ferrari Red, the full red baffles are a nice addition. Are the baffles wood or did you paint the standard ones?

Hopefully they will bring Alonzo some luck taking the F1 World Championship Trophy back to Maranello.

We built them just the same as a satin black pair, but shot an automotive finish over the sealer rather than black dye and satin lacquer.

- Jim

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:29 am »
Nice. One of the good thing about Salk is that we all can get just what we want.

Nuance

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2012, 05:48 am »
Wow - very stunning, Marie.  Congratulations, and welcome to the Salk family!

floresjc

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2012, 03:27 pm »
What a great color!

ltr317

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2012, 04:56 am »
It would be nice to get the matching Ferrari!  :D

Taterworks

« Reply #10 on: 4 Apr 2012, 03:14 am »
Just a quick note: The blotchy appearance is due to low-quality JPEG encoder settings. If you're using MS Paint, it doesn't let you tweak these settings, so there are invariably artifacts. A free image program that will let you choose the quality level when saving a JPEG image is GIMP (the Gnu Image Manipulation Program), and it will also do quite a few other things that Paint won't. The only thing you have to deal with is that the Windows version is a code port from Linux, so the interface is still a little clunky, but it's easy to learn.

Toni Rambold

« Reply #11 on: 4 Apr 2012, 11:23 am »
Quote from: ltr317
It would be nice to get the matching Ferrari!  :D

That could prove difficult !
There are at least 8 color variations over the decades, e.g.:

Rosso Corsa color code 322

Rosso Corsa color code 300

Do you see the difference ?   :)

Regards Toni

jsalk

« Reply #12 on: 4 Apr 2012, 01:07 pm »
Just a quick note: The blotchy appearance is due to low-quality JPEG encoder settings. If you're using MS Paint, it doesn't let you tweak these settings, so there are invariably artifacts. A free image program that will let you choose the quality level when saving a JPEG image is GIMP (the Gnu Image Manipulation Program), and it will also do quite a few other things that Paint won't. The only thing you have to deal with is that the Windows version is a code port from Linux, so the interface is still a little clunky, but it's easy to learn.

Thanks, but I don't think this is the issue.  The images are saved as rather large files.  On my computer, they look just fine.  But when I upload them, the audiocircle site re-sizes them and they look blotchy or very soft in comparison (the contrast seems lower and the focus not as good).  When I have posted pictures on other sites, they are not re-sized and look like they do viewing directly from my computer.  I don't know how to get them to look the same on audiocircle.

- Jim

vortrex

« Reply #13 on: 4 Apr 2012, 02:24 pm »
Thanks, but I don't think this is the issue.  The images are saved as rather large files.  On my computer, they look just fine.  But when I upload them, the audiocircle site re-sizes them and they look blotchy or very soft in comparison (the contrast seems lower and the focus not as good).  When I have posted pictures on other sites, they are not re-sized and look like they do viewing directly from my computer.  I don't know how to get them to look the same on audiocircle.

- Jim

you could always host the pics on your site (or any other external site) and then just link to them on AC.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #14 on: 4 Apr 2012, 03:23 pm »

- Jim
Jim,  One approach would be to use an image editing program like Photoshop Elements and do a resize or "save for web", which allows choice of size and resolution and will do the job with better end quality.  If you save it to the max the board allows, it shouldn't get resized when uploaded.

If you want to test it out, send me the original and I'll post it resized and see how it looks.

.........Peter

jsalk

« Reply #15 on: 4 Apr 2012, 03:45 pm »
you could always host the pics on your site (or any other external site) and then just link to them on AC.

This is a test...

I guess that is a far better way of doing things.  Thanks.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #16 on: 4 Apr 2012, 03:46 pm »
Jim,  One approach would be to use an image editing program like Photoshop Elements and do a resize or "save for web", which allows choice of size and resolution and will do the job with better end quality.  If you save it to the max the board allows, it shouldn't get resized when uploaded.

If you want to test it out, send me the original and I'll post it resized and see how it looks.

.........Peter

Peter -

Thanks.  I use photoshop to prepare the photos in the first place.  Linking directly from our site seems to work a lot better (as shown above).

- Jim

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #17 on: 4 Apr 2012, 03:49 pm »
Peter -

Thanks.  I use photoshop to prepare the photos in the first place.  Linking directly from our site seems to work a lot better (as shown above).

- Jim

Yup.. good solution.  That pic looks great!