Vikings vs Cowboys!

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
Vikings vs Cowboys!
« on: 15 Jan 2010, 05:11 pm »
Goooooooo VIKINGS! :duel:

jimdgoulding

Re: Vikings vs Cowboys!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2010, 06:09 pm »
This one makes me the most nervous.  Think I'm taking the Cards over Saints.  Both QB's are not facing much of a pass defense.  Givin Card's the edge cause of Warner's experience.  The Chargers over the Jets.  The Chargers have very tall recievers and Sanchez will have to keep pace.  Don't think he can.  Colts over the Ravens.  Baltimore will keep it interesting cause of their defense.  Heck, they could win it cause of their defense.  But, I don't think they score enough.  The Vikes gotta be thinkin game plan cause they know Brett is gonna get pressure.  Peterson could be seein more of the ball.  I'm takin Dallas to out score them (but I'm hearin Jones ain't 100%).  This is a chance for Cowboys coach to shine.  Think Dallas dominates on defense and he does.  Dallas.   

On second thought . . Saints over Cards.  They CAN'T go out in the first round and everybody's healthy.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010, 07:44 pm by jimdgoulding »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2010, 06:13 pm »
You're gonna make me put that picture here, aren't ya?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2010, 07:02 am »
Suddenly, it's Friday night, I'm startin to feel like an idiot.  Everyone else had the sense not to make a guess in public. 

Bigfish

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2010, 01:46 pm »
Okay here are my guesses/projections:

Dallas over the Vikings

Chargers over the Jets

Saints over the Cardinals 

Colts over the Ravens

I have listened to the NFL Sirius Radio Channel this week and the announcers believe all of the games could be very exciting.  The Jets and the Ravens have to strike quickly and get their running games going to have a chance.  If those teams get down by 14 points and have to rely totally on a passing game they will be toast.  Everyone is claiming how great the Jets defense is but they have to shut-down three good 6'5" receivers plus pass catching backs out of the backfield.  My feeling is the Jets better plan on scoring some points!

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2010, 09:45 pm »
Holy smoke!  Bout all the Saints defense saw on that first play today.  Talk about execution.  NO will come back now.  This game's gonna be sumthin!

And they did.  Very impressively.  Reggie Bush is runnin hard nosed.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2010, 04:53 pm »
It's almost time for my DALLAS COWBOYS to take the stage for an afternoon of what I hope will be entertaining football. It's AMERICA'S TEAM  playing AMERICA'S GAME!  :hyper:

Cheers,
Robin               

budyog

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:04 pm »
It's almost time for my DALLAS COWBOYS to take the stage for an afternoon of what I hope will be entertaining football. It's AMERICA'S TEAM  playing AMERICA'S GAME!  :hyper:

Cheers,
Robin               

America's team, my arse! Vikings are America's team! Now you may have the America's cheerleaders, but not football!
Dallas going DOWN! Their time is coming to an end!
GO VIKINGS!

Bigfish

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:18 pm »
Guys:

For those of us that don't have a dog in the hunt this afternoon lets hope for a good football game.  Yesterday's games were really bad from an excitement perspective!

ebag4

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:31 pm »
Guys:

For those of us that don't have a dog in the hunt this afternoon lets hope for a good football game.  Yesterday's games were really bad from an excitement perspective!

NAAAAAA!  A blowout would work just fine for me, GO VIKES!

BikeWNC

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:32 pm »
I hope the Vikings/Cowboys game comes down to the Cowboys needing to make a field goal late in the game.  LOL.  Good luck with that. 

budyog

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:33 pm »
NAAAAAA!  A blowout would work just fine for me, GO VIKES!

RIGHT TOTALLY ON!  :deadhorse:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #12 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:36 pm »
You know that you're from a certain city and at a  certain age, when you turn on the game and see the Colts receive the kickoff, and you say "OK, we'll start at the 20 yard line.  That's OK."  Then reality hits you and you same "WAIT A DAMNED MINUTE!  I'm cheering for the RAVENS now!!!"

May Robert Irsay burn in hell!

Disclaimer:  I met many of the BALTIMORE Colts.  Unitas, Donavan, Jim Mutcheller, etc.  All-pro cornerback Bobby Boyd #40, worked for my father in the off-season, and when I was 16 and Boyd's size, he picked me up over his head at threw me in a pool.   :o

If only the NFL had let the team NAME stay in Baltimore like they did in Cleveland, we folks from Balmer could have saved a helluva lot of money on psychiatric counseling.

Leaving in the middle of the damned night.  Chicken shit!  GRRRRR!!!!!

I've lived in Texas.  Cowboys still suck!      Or, as they say in Texas:  Big Hat; No Cattle.

:lol:

Bigfish

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jan 2010, 06:13 pm »
First Series goes to the Vikings Defense!

Bigfish

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2010, 06:30 pm »
Way to go Vikings Fans - Vikings 7 - Cowboys 0 after 2 series each.

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2010, 06:37 pm »
Way to go Vikings Fans - Vikings 7 - Cowboys 0 after 2 series each.

Ken
I look for indicators early in a game.  Romo is clearly nervous but that decision to kick a field goal on fourth and one was a coaching call.  And it was major dumb.  They should have gone for it.  They were at mid field.  And look what happened.  The Vikes were handed good field position.  Now the Pokes have to get two scores.

Bigfish

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jan 2010, 06:41 pm »
If it were not for Miles Austin the Cowboys would be already cooked!

Vikings D are unleashing hell on Romo!

Bigfish

« Reply #17 on: 17 Jan 2010, 06:57 pm »
Wow, I think Troy Aikman is about to cry as he is announcing the game - Cowboys - 3, Vikings 14!

Ken

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2010, 07:17 pm »
It looks to me like Dallas is simply being outclassed, at every level. This is the Brett Favre show!  :thumb:

Have fun,
Jerry

TomS

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2010, 07:20 pm »
It looks to me like Dallas is simply being outclassed, at every level. This is the Brett Favre show!  :thumb:

Have fun,
Jerry
I really think it's the Vikes defense show, not Favre. The looks on Romo's face are not one of confidence.