Are Drew Brees and the Saints that good?

decal

Re: Are Drew Brees and the Saints that good?
« Reply #40 on: 14 Dec 2009, 10:06 pm »
When is their luck going to run out, would be a better question.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #41 on: 14 Dec 2009, 10:10 pm »
When is their luck going to run out, would be a better question

Don't think that way  :nono:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #42 on: 14 Dec 2009, 10:30 pm »
When is their luck going to run out, would be a better question.

As a very wise man once said, it's better to be lucky than good.

And good and lucky is a great combo!  :thumb:

Gene

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 15 Dec 2009, 07:37 am »
They're undoubtedly a great team but they've been awfully lucky, too.  If the Skins had a real kicker they'd have downed the Saints, and dumb luck saved 'em at least two other times.  I suspect they will lose at least one or two.  But hell, what's it matter?  The Pats showed you what 18-0 was worth- nothing.  I'm sure they'd have rather had another ring than a basically meaningless record.  All the Saints really have to do is stay a game ahead of the Vikings and keep homefield throughout the playoffs.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #44 on: 27 Dec 2009, 08:58 pm »
Anyone watching the NO/TB game? The Saint's placekicker missed a 37 yard field goal that would have won the game in regulation. It's overtime against this 2-12 Tampa team.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #45 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:10 pm »
Down 17-0 at the halftime, the Buck's come back and win in overtime. 2nd loss for the Saints,,, not a good sign,,,  :oops:

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #46 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:12 pm »
Down 17-0 at the halftime, the Buck's come back and win in overtime. 2nd loss for the Saints,,, not a good sign,,,  :oops:

Cheers,
Robin

If you can't beat 'em, cheat 'em!  :thumb:

Go Saints,
Jerry

Bigfish

« Reply #47 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:21 pm »
Saints have the luck to have to go face a red hot Carolina Team in Charlotte next week.  I think this is unfortunate as the loss today could well cost them home field advantage through the playoffs.

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #48 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:29 pm »
Carolina ended the Giants hopes today.  They're a good team that I don't how ended up with a losing record.  Take my hat off to Pittsburg today beating Baltimore.  Glad, too, Baltimore is pretty uninteresting to watch.  Think the Pats would like a rematch with Indy?  They're playin like it.

Bigfish

« Reply #49 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:33 pm »
Carolina ended the Giants hopes today.  They're a good team that I don't how ended up with a losing record

It was due to poor play at quarterback by Mr. Jake Delhomme.  He just stunk-up the position and every Carolina Fan I know could not believe Fox loved him so much!

Ken

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #50 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:41 pm »
Carolina ended the Giants hopes today.  They're a good team that I don't how ended up with a losing record

It was due to poor play at quarterback by Mr. Jake Delhomme.  He just stunk-up the position and every Carolina Fan I know could not believe Fox loved him so much!

Ken

Jake is the best football player ever to come out of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Crawfish Capital of the World!  :thumb:

Gene

Bigfish

« Reply #51 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:45 pm »
Jake is the best football player ever to come out of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Crawfish Capital of the World!  :thumb:

Gene

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #52 on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:48 pm »

Ken

IF Dallas loses to Washington tonite, the giants still have a chance to make the playoffs so it's not over for the giant's,,,, yet. A Dallas win and they're in the playoffs.  :hyper:

The Saint's loss could lose them home field advantage thruout the playoffs. It was a tuff loss considering their placekicker has been making 50 yard field goals all season yet missed what was a chipshot for him that would have sealed home field advantage for the Saints. That's 2 weeks in a row that they've lost this opportunity,,,, not good.

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #53 on: 28 Dec 2009, 01:52 am »

Ken

IF Dallas loses to Washington tonite, the giants still have a chance to make the playoffs so it's not over for the giant's,,,, yet. A Dallas win and they're in the playoffs.  :hyper:

The Saint's loss could lose them home field advantage thruout the playoffs. It was a tuff loss considering their placekicker has been making 50 yard field goals all season yet missed what was a chipshot for him that would have sealed home field advantage for the Saints. That's 2 weeks in a row that they've lost this opportunity,,,, not good.

Cheers,
Robin

Agreed.  Things just got a bit more interesting in the NFL this week.  I can't believe the Giants stunk it up so badly.  Either way, it looks like Plaxico is sorely missed. 

The Viqueens don't look like the world-beaters they looked like in the first three quarters of the season.  Looks like Brett Favre's monster ego is really sinking that team. It's really sad to see... :D

The Saints team that routed New England was no fluke.  However, it looks like they were replaced by a team of pod people who forgot how to play good football.  Unless the original Saints come back, this team is one and done in the playoffs...even if they have home field advantage.  If they get back to form, they are still my pick to do some damage.

San Diego may be the hottest team in the league at the moment.  If they stay this consistent, they will be hard to beat.  My pick for AFC representative in the SB. 

If Palomalu returns, and the Steelers get hot...who knows?  Maybe Big Ben can take this team farther than anyone suspected a couple weeks ago when they were losing to some bad teams.  That Packer game may have been a catelyst. 

Tomorrow's Bear game will be tough to watch for me.  I want the Bears to lose so Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith will get FIRED but I hate the Viqueens.  Decisions, decisions... :scratch:

Cheers,

J

Bigfish

« Reply #54 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:14 am »
I want the Bears to lose so Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith will get FIRED but I hate the Viqueens.  Decisions, decisions... :scratch:

There is talk of Cowher being as a potential canditate for the Bears job if they let Lovie go.  If that were to happen he would be focused on rebuilding your defense and a strong running game. 

If Lovie stays you need a new offensive coordinator that can possibly say Cutler.  Right now, he is not the quarterback he was at Denver last year!

Ken

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #55 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:17 am »
The way the Vikes have been phoning it in lately they may have a chance...then again, Da Bearz suck balls. :P  My high school team could been 'em without Urlacher.  I bet you'd gladly trader Cutler & a carton of smokes for Orton back. :lol:

Seriously, the Saints could as easily be a 10-5 or 11-4 team right now with the squeakers they won.  The writing was on the wall, I think.  They have to address some serious problems on defense and try to get the offense on track.  What a terrible time of year for a skid.  Same could be said of Minnesota.

I dunno about the Steelers.  They could do some damage, and I remember a Super Bowl win came after they made it as a wild card at 9-7.  The Chargers sure look tough.

jackman

« Reply #56 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:20 am »
I want the Bears to lose so Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith will get FIRED but I hate the Viqueens.  Decisions, decisions... :scratch:

There is talk of Cowher being as a potential canditate for the Bears job if they let Lovie go.  If that were to happen he would be focused on rebuilding your defense and a strong running game. 

If Lovie stays you need a new offensive coordinator that can possibly say Cutler.  Right now, he is not the quarterback he was at Denver last year!

Ken

Please don't say Cowher!!! I hate that guy (as a coach, I'm sure he's a nice  guy in real life).  You know they don't miss Cowher in the Berg, we don't want him in Chicago!  I wish the Bears would get Mike Shanahan.  He is my #1 pick at the moment.  Lovie needs to go away...far away and fast.

Bigfish

« Reply #57 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:27 am »
I wish the Bears would get Mike Shanahan.

All bets are that Shanahan is heading to Washington!  Oh, and yes as a Steelers Fan I honestly don't miss Cowher.  I had to live through the Cordell Stewart years while he was at Pittsburg.  All of us Steelers fans felt the same way then about Cowher as today's Panthers fans feel about John Fox and Delhomme.  I guess every coach develops a blindness toward certain players!

Ken

jackman

« Reply #58 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:28 am »
The way the Vikes have been phoning it in lately they may have a chance...then again, Da Bearz suck balls. :P  My high school team could been 'em without Urlacher.  I bet you'd gladly trader Cutler & a carton of smokes for Orton back. :lol:

Seriously, the Saints could as easily be a 10-5 or 11-4 team right now with the squeakers they won.  The writing was on the wall, I think.  They have to address some serious problems on defense and try to get the offense on track.  What a terrible time of year for a skid.  Same could be said of Minnesota.

I dunno about the Steelers.  They could do some damage, and I remember a Super Bowl win came after they made it as a wild card at 9-7.  The Chargers sure look tough.

You are right abt the Bears sucking balls.  They are playing very poorly and I can't wait for heads to roll.  Team is too cheap to fire Lovie and Angelo but both need to go if things are going to be turned around. 

I'm not as down on Cutler as you are and would STILL take him over Orton.  Orton would have been in the same boat (maybe worse) if he stayed.  Jay has taken a beating, literally and figuratively and has no one to throw to and no time to throw.  Factor in one of the worst run games in the league and a sad pathetic defense and you have the current Bears team. 

Sorry for side-tracking this thread.  Regarding the Saints, they are still better than the Vikings although the Vikes have a 90% chance of beating the Bears tomorrow.  It's cold and snowy in Chicago and I'm hoping the weather will give the Bears a better chance of pulling an upset but it's still a longshot.  Brett Favre's inability to put the team first may be the biggest advantage the Bears have.  I was a big Favre fan but I can't wait until this guy is out of football.  Maybe it's just me, but he seems like a big phony who just loves taling about himself...and quitting...and coming back..and quitting...etc.  :roll:

Cheers!

J

Bigfish

« Reply #59 on: 28 Dec 2009, 02:53 am »
I was a big Favre fan but I can't wait until this guy is out of football.

The power play Favre pulled on Chilly against Carolina was totally bush league.  I have been pulling for Favre all season and I would like to see the Vikings in the Superbowl; however, it will be interesting to see how this situation unfolds. 

As the previous poster stated I too would like to see Brett go off in the sunset after this season and ride his tractor!

Ken