NBA: Go Thunder

Dave G

Re: NBA: Go Thunder
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2012, 06:32 pm »
This is OT, but "Jordan Rules" refers to the defense the Detroit Pistons used against Jordan, NOT to the special treatment he and other stars may or may not get from the refs.  See Jordan Rules

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #41 on: 22 Jun 2012, 07:10 pm »
This is OT, but "Jordan Rules" refers to the defense the Detroit Pistons used against Jordan, NOT to the special treatment he and other stars may or may not get from the refs.  See Jordan Rules

Well, I may be mis-using the term. But the preferential treatment when it comes to foul calling or not calling gets real lopsided for some of these star players and it is very souring.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #42 on: 22 Jun 2012, 08:41 pm »
"Were gonna treat them like they're the champions. After the game were gonna walk and shake their hands and acknowledge all of them. They beat us fair and square."

Scott Brooks, Thunder Head Coach

'Nuff said.  Stay classy OKC, you're better than most.

Dave G

« Reply #43 on: 22 Jun 2012, 09:27 pm »
Well, I may be mis-using the term. But the preferential treatment when it comes to foul calling or not calling gets real lopsided for some of these star players and it is very souring.

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, Danny.  I really meant it just as an FYI that the phrase has a different meaning.  Doesn't change your point that star players get special treatment, although I don't think it affected this series.  I was pulling for OKC, but by the end I thought Miami just played better and deserved to win.  I used to be a borderline Lebron hater, but not anymore.  To me, he played really well and deserved the title and the MVP award.

a.wayne

« Reply #44 on: 23 Jun 2012, 07:55 am »

Agree , only this is called "Thunderstruck" ............... :)

"Were gonna treat them like they're the champions. After the game were gonna walk and shake their hands and acknowledge all of them. They beat us fair and square."

Scott Brooks, Thunder Head Coach

'Nuff said.  Stay classy OKC, you're better than most.