Tim Tebow

Randy

Re: Tim Tebow
« Reply #180 on: 16 Jan 2012, 04:33 pm »
Stafford of Detroit doesn't have much more starting game experience than Tebow. but look at the difference in production. This season, Stafford was one of only 4 qbs to throw for over 5000 yards in a season, and had over 40 td passes. He is 23 years old. Yet, there is no staffordmania. Just shows how ridiculous tebowmania is, just clueless fans going overboard again for no logical reason.

jackman

« Reply #181 on: 16 Jan 2012, 05:29 pm »
Stafford of Detroit doesn't have much more starting game experience than Tebow. but look at the difference in production. This season, Stafford was one of only 4 qbs to throw for over 5000 yards in a season, and had over 40 td passes. He is 23 years old. Yet, there is no staffordmania. Just shows how ridiculous tebowmania is, just clueless fans going overboard again for no logical reason.

Come on, this is an apples to oranges comparison.  Stafford was "ordained" the starter as soon as he was drafted.  He is a conventional QB, albiet a talented one, playing on an up and coming team with the best receiver in the game.  He's good, and I'm not saying Tebow compares from a traditional standpoint. in any way  Stafford will likely be playing QB in this league for a long time if he doesn't get hurt and will most likely put up big numbers.  Pro Bowl numbers.  The jury is still out on Tebow.

Tebow is a second stringer who stepped in when his team had nothing to lose because they were already losing lots of games.  He is unconventional and pulled off some amazing comeback victories including one against the Steelers in a playoff game, the biggest game of his pro career and one no one expected his team to win.  America loves an underdog, especially one who has an interesting off the field story and some heroic victories, and is good looking.  That last part is what the ladies say, not me.  Blaming him for Tebow-mania is unfair. 

Also, Tebow might not have Stafford's talents but he has something Stafford does not have, a playoff victory.  Stafford couldn't even win the last regular season game against a second string Packer and a bunch of Packer scrubbs.  Maybe if he could win a couple big, high profile games, people would warm up to him. 

soundbitten1

« Reply #182 on: 16 Jan 2012, 06:08 pm »

cujobob

« Reply #183 on: 16 Jan 2012, 06:45 pm »
Stafford had a good game vs the packers and they only had one defensive starter out and he was beaten up. He doesn't play against Rodgers. Rodgers is on offense  :thumb:

Tebow isn't responsible for the attention, that you're right about. However, he didn't come from nowhere. He was also a high draft selection and won the heisman. His religious good guy image and college fan following are the reasons for tebowmania. He was a good college qb.

jackman

« Reply #184 on: 16 Jan 2012, 07:29 pm »
Rogers is on offense, just like his backup who shredded the lions!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #185 on: 17 Jan 2012, 03:02 am »
Tim Tebow has more Playoff wins in the 2011 season than Aaron Rogers.

Just sayin'.   :D

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #186 on: 17 Jan 2012, 03:05 am »
So does T.J. Yates - so what does that mean?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #187 on: 17 Jan 2012, 03:08 am »
So does T.J. Yates - so what does that mean?

Well, being that this is a Thread about Tim Tebow, I was just sayin'.  :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #188 on: 17 Jan 2012, 03:50 am »
Rogers is on offense, just like his backup who shredded the lions!

I don't understand your point. His backup shredded the Lions defense with the help of some lousy officiating, that doesn't have anything to do with Stafford who, until he threw two late INTs playing catchup, had a good game.

Tebow won a playoff game this year and Rodgers didn't, it's true. The Packers had a sloppy game whereas Denver was sharp vs. another team that did not play very well. If you don't play well, even vs. an average NFL team, you can be beaten.

jackman

« Reply #189 on: 17 Jan 2012, 04:07 am »
The fact that Tebow was a high draft pick does not mean h wasn't an underdog. It also doesn't mean anyone other that the guy who drafted him, felt that he could succeed in this league.  Coming from Detroit, you should know quite a bit about first round draft pick failures. Detroit has had some of the biggest in recent years.

Thankfully, Millen is out of there.  It's fun watching a Detroit team that doesn't totally suck.  I wish Barry Sanders had a QB like Stafford when he played. I was a big fan of Billy Simms also. That was a fun Lions team to watch.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #190 on: 17 Jan 2012, 05:00 am »
Jackman, couldn't agree more.

keenween

« Reply #191 on: 17 Jan 2012, 05:03 pm »
A way out west there was a fella, fella I want to tell you about, fella by the name of Tim Tebowski.  At least, that was the handle his lovin' parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself.  This Tebowski, he called himself the Quarterback.  Now, Quarterback, that's a name no fullback would self-apply where I come from.  But then, there was a lot about the Quarterback that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  And a lot about how he played, like-wise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the play s'durned innarestin'.

...for some weird reason that popped into my head this morning.