New C•100S 100w per channel stereo amplifier

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: New C•100S 100w per channel stereo amplifier
« Reply #20 on: 5 Nov 2021, 02:39 pm »
I received a C-100s several days ago. The shipping was prompt and it arrived safely. As per usual, the CIA packaging is sufficent and tidy. The apparent build quality is also classic CI- simple in appearance but very robust. After hooking up all necessay cable from preamp to speakers, the amp was turned on and has been fed a steady signal since then. As an owner of CIA's D-200 mkiis, motivation to purchase of this amp came from an urge to reduce system footprint size without any apparent loss of system sonics and synergy. And to be honest, that's a very tall order imho. The D-200s are spectacular in every regard. Only after I've had ample living time with the C-100s will I report back with my impressions. I will say it does sound promising based on loose, casual 10 minute sit downs. System chain goes like this-CIA DMC-1 > Schiit Freya S > C100s > Audio Physic Classic III.

I have a simple system too, headed up with DMC-1.  If your goal is to reduce footprint why do you have the Freya S?  (I had the Freya, even had a set of primo tubes and couldn't perceive an improvement, so sent it back.)

Nordkapp

Re: New C•100S 100w per channel stereo amplifier
« Reply #21 on: 5 Nov 2021, 03:14 pm »
Reason for the Freya is I absolutely hate software volume controls. The Freya has a SOTA volume pot, numerous inputs and measures insanely well, all for $600. It is an absolute joy to use.