A Bad Rap.....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
A Bad Rap.....
« on: 17 Jun 2007, 09:12 pm »
Found an article over on coolfer.com....about Rap's decline....link here....

Guess it was only a matter of time..... :roll:

PhilNYC

Re: A Bad Rap.....
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2007, 09:51 pm »
Darn! 

:jester:

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:02 pm »
When Rap first came out I thought (hoped) it would be short lived. Boy, was I ever wrong. If it's true all I can say is good riddance. If I never have to see have another picture of a smug, sneering poser Rap star it will be to soon. Maybe another positive side affect of their demise will be the end of the village idiot look. You know, the baggy pants with the ass hanging down below the knees, hoodies, the clown hats worn at an angle like Goober Pile...
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2007, 04:51 am by Tweaker »

mjosef

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:12 pm »
Well...I won't miss 'em that's for sure. I remember when Tower was liquidating their stock, the rap bins were full while other genres rack had gaping empty spaces. SO its been happening for a while. Unless of course the rap fans are all busily pirating the goods all over the internet...  :roll:

PhilNYC

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:48 pm »
Actually, there's some rap that I do like (Sugarhill Gang, RunDMC, one awesome tune by Eminem, a few of the popular Will Smith rap tunes, some "rap" tunes by rockers like Aerosmith and Queen, etc).  But those were FAR outnumbered by stuff that I actually hated (and I use the word "hate" very sparingly)...

jon_010101

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:54 pm »
While modern rap just isn't the same, it's hard to dislike Tribe Called Quest's first two albums -- easily on my personal top-50.  Great production, too.

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2007, 12:19 am »
Was Sugarhill gang and the like way back then(mid-late 80') called rap? I thought that was hip-hop. I liked some of that early stuff.
Mhnnn... maybe its the ganster rap that I never got into. 

Hogg

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:04 am »
Found an article over on coolfer.com....about Rap's decline....link here....

Guess it was only a matter of time..... :roll:

Maybe this will hearld a new wave of disco

SET Man

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:51 am »
Hey!

Honestly I'm not a big fan of rap/hip-hop. But I do like a just a few rap/hip-hop. To me there are only just a few rap/hip-hop songs and artists that really stand out. And remembered the gangta rap? I've never really got in or understand that. :scratch:

Well, maybe it is just the lack of new creativity in this gene? Will it be gone just like disco? I don't think so. I think there will be some parts of that hanging around, just like disco that gave way to '80s pops and than in some electronica of which I feel that is some of disco in it. :D

Hmmm... my younger brother.... he is 26... is the fan or rap/hip-hop since about early '90s. I wonder if he still listen to newer rap/hip-hops or does he now listen to other stuff now? I will ask him. :wink:

Take care,
Budd :thumb:

PhilNYC

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jun 2007, 02:41 am »
Was Sugarhill gang and the like way back then(mid-late 80') called rap? I thought that was hip-hop. I liked some of that early stuff.
Mhnnn... maybe its the ganster rap that I never got into. 

Sugarhill Gang's most famous tune from the early 80s was called "Rappers' Delight", so I assume they called it rap back then...! 8)  I don't remember hearing the term "hip-hop" until well into the Janet Jackson "era"...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2007, 04:01 am »
Good riddence to you, Rap! :lol:  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. aa