Time to move a bunch of these. Blowing them out!

Danny Richie

Time to move a bunch of these. Blowing them out!
« on: 21 Apr 2014, 07:11 pm »
Carnegie Acoustics shipped me a large chunk of their remaining inventory of these things and they are in stock here at GR Research.

So we are running specials on two models right now.

We're blowing out this line of Pedestale models for $899 a pair. These retailed at $2,999 a pair. They look great and sound great. High WAF too. Women love the look of them.

Even the shipping boxes look good.

Nicely packed.

Velour bag with the Carnegie Acoustics name embroidery on it.   

Pictures just do not do these justice. The high gloss black is simply stunning.

And here it is with the grill on. The grills are held on magnetically of coarse.

And the back side allows a view of the passive radiator.

Here is a closer look at that PR.

And here is a close up of the drivers.

The Electra Cable tube connectors are located on the bottom of the speaker. The speaker comes with rollers to make moving them around easy. The also come with some really nice floor spikes that replace the rollers. They even include a small wrench for removing and installing the rollers and floor spikes.

These things are just top notch from top to bottom. All of the internals are good quality parts as well.

$899 a pair!

We also have a lot of the CST-1's in stock that need to move. These are the ones that came in on the first shipment. They had the damping material improperly installed. So it was decided that instead of opening up all of these boxes and fixing every pair it would be better to just slash the price and sell them direct to the customer at a huge discount.

The CST-1 is a floor standing speaker that was based off of our N3 kit design. It uses the BG Neo tweeter with deep back cups. It also uses a pair of 5.25" paper cone woofers based off of our M-130 design. The speaker is 8 ohms and has 89db sensitivity. It is a rear terminated transmission line design tuned to 44Hz.

These have a black gloss finish that looks really nice. And the speakers are well packed and covered with a velour embroidered bag.

The cabinets were suppose to be lined with a resonance control sheet that is an asphalt/vinyl based damper. But not all of the cabinet contained this material. And the cabinets were missing most of the polyfill.

These retail for $1,999 a pair: http://carnegieacoustics.net/#/products/

They are now blowing these out for $899 a pair.

Here is what needs to be done to them by the customer. Simply remove the woofers and install the additional polyfill or fiberglass insulation. You can also glue in some additional damping material like vinyl floor tiles or something if need. You could even line them with No Rez if you really want to take them up a notch.

Here is a copy of the instructions that were sent to the factory regarding corrections that needed to be made to the next batch.

http://gr-research.com/pdf/carnegie%20stuffing%20issue.pdf

Everything else about these speaker are great. Good quality crossover parts were used and they even have tube connectors instead of binding posts. The finish is awesome and they even have magnetically held on grills. They even come with floor spikes. :thumb:

This is a steal of a deal. You can't even have the cabinets made for this price. Get them now.

$899 a pair!

Just give me a call here at GR Research to order them. 940-592-3400  And I can give you a shipping quote right away.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2014, 01:34 pm by Danny Richie »

Meicheng

Re: Time to move a bunch of these. Blowing them out!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2014, 02:48 am »
Couldn't you pay a high school student $15/hr to install the polyfill and just charge a little more for a speaker that the customer doesn't have to open-up and mess with?  It just seems to me that the materials and labor couldn't be very much once you show someone what to do. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:31 am »
Sure sounds sweet. Can you post any specs?

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36 am »
Couldn't you pay a high school student $15/hr to install the polyfill and just charge a little more for a speaker that the customer doesn't have to open-up and mess with?  It just seems to me that the materials and labor couldn't be very much once you show someone what to do.

+1 AND you don't have to worry about customers messing things up then complaining / expecting you to make things right.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:53 am »

Yeah, but Carnegie Acoustics is in Kentucky. The speakers were being stored and shipped from a warehouse in Chicago. The shipping company forwards freight. They don't work on speakers.

However, they are here now and I can facilitate things like that.

If you want a pair that you can just open, plug in, and start playing then order a pair of the Pedistale's. They're ready to go.

PMAT

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2014, 04:42 am »
Hey Danny, how good in reality speak are these BG drivers? With all the talk about the Raals it seems like other drivers never get the spotlight anymore. Domes and planars couldn't possibly sound good...... :duh:

Captainhemo

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2014, 05:06 am »

Yeah,  I'm sure they could do that but then  people here wouldn't have the opportunity to buy them a such a great price . I 'd think they'd be selling them at full retail if they didn't need some minor work

Hey Danny, how good in reality speak are these BG drivers? With all the talk about the Raals it seems like other drivers never get the spotlight anymore. Domes and planars couldn't possibly sound good...... :duh:

PMAT,
The  BG Neo 3 is a great tweeter.It is very detiiled and is extremely natural sounding.   I've used them both with and without  platinum caps  and find they work great either way but with the platinum bypass there is  increased detail and clarity, lets their true potential become apparent (IMHO).  Never bright and never fatiguing
 I  just love these tweeters  :thumb:

-jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:26 pm »

I have used the RAAL tweeters, and while they are great tweeters the Neo 3 still has an advantage in some areas. This is especially true in the lower ranges. And when the Neo 3 gets used in an open baffle it is a whole new ballgame. The Neo 3 is still a favorite of mine.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2014, 04:24 pm »
Hey Danny,
Did you also get the CSC-1 speakers or are they still in Chicago?  My plans to get a pair of them have been thwarted temporarily.

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2014, 04:30 pm »
Hey Danny,
Did you also get the CSC-1 speakers or are they still in Chicago?  My plans to get a pair of them have been thwarted temporarily.

Yep. I have those as well.

soundofrockets

« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2014, 11:49 pm »
do you also have matching centers for the pedistale series ? if yes how much. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm »
do you also have matching centers for the pedistale series ? if yes how much.

Yes, and only $299 each.

andy71

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2014, 08:00 pm »
I'm thinking seriously about getting a pair of these - but I have a question.  When I look at the pdf for the areas that need polyfill and damping material - how do you get down to the lower areas?  It seems like even after removing the speakers it would be hard to get your hand in there to work.  Also, what you use to attaché the polyfill and the damping material - it would seem very hard to glue things down in the lower areas.

thanks for any thoughts and advice.

fridays

« Reply #13 on: 25 Apr 2014, 02:23 am »
Seems like the pedestal are a better deal, any insight
Just look at these for a very small home theater setup

Donald

« Reply #14 on: 25 Apr 2014, 12:18 pm »
Danny,

Besides the obvious in looks, what are the basic sonic differences between the two floor standers?

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2014, 01:31 pm »
I'm thinking seriously about getting a pair of these - but I have a question.  When I look at the pdf for the areas that need polyfill and damping material - how do you get down to the lower areas?  It seems like even after removing the speakers it would be hard to get your hand in there to work.  Also, what you use to attaché the polyfill and the damping material - it would seem very hard to glue things down in the lower areas.

thanks for any thoughts and advice.

They are real easy to add the needed damping material to. And varying the damping material in the TL line makes it easy to tune or tweak the lower range to your room.

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2014, 01:34 pm »
Seems like the pedestal are a better deal, any insight
Just look at these for a very small home theater setup

That's what they were designed for. The Pedestale's were also designed for close placement to a wall.

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 25 Apr 2014, 01:37 pm »
Danny,

Besides the obvious in looks, what are the basic sonic differences between the two floor standers?

The tweeters are different. The CST-1 uses a higher resolution Neo 3 tweeter. The Pedestale uses a more forgiving and very smooth sounding soft dome.

The CST-1 has a rear terminated transmission line while the Pedestale is tuned with the use of a passive radiator that allows for closer placement to the front wall.

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2014, 09:25 pm »
There are still a lot of these left guys and these deals are really tough to beat.

harley52

« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2014, 04:33 pm »
Danny,

I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway. Are the pedestal speaks returnable? At the price I can understand if that's not the case.

Thank you