Any advantage to Multiple Full Range drivers per side

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
Re: Any advantage to Multiple Full Range drivers per side
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2023, 09:30 pm »
The woofers are 8" Seas, and they sound great even well past 1kHz.  Even without the horns, I was doing fine with TPL-150 at 1kHz, likely because of 18dB slope via outboard active crossover and the fact I am playing at mostly 70-78dB loudness at listening position, so not much stress on drivers.  The addictive thing about 150H is while some borderline recordings sound more borderline, truly great, balanced recordings sound AMAZING with added life and presence.
I know many people DSP/EQ their way around these issues, but my ears must be extra sensitive to DSP/EQ, which is very noticeable to me when they involve midrange/treble.   Decisions..

With an active crossover, a steep slope and at lower volume levels I'm sure the Beyma is quite capable that low. I tend to use simple, passive,  second order (6db slope) crossovers. And, although I don't do it often, I like my speakers to be capable of playing Stranglehold at 11 without breaking up!

I've never had any interest in DSP either, never even bothered playing with it.

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
Re: Any advantage to Multiple Full Range drivers per side
« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2023, 10:35 pm »
With an active crossover, a steep slope and at lower volume levels I'm sure the Beyma is quite capable that low. I tend to use simple, passive,  second order (6db slope) crossovers. And, although I don't do it often, I like my speakers to be capable of playing Stranglehold at 11 without breaking up!

I've never had any interest in DSP either, never even bothered playing with it.

Stranglehold at 11..............Oh Yeah that and Great white Buffalo.................Love some Ted at Times