uberBUSS

truant

uberBUSS
« on: 2 Feb 2010, 05:56 pm »
I received PI Audio Group's Majik Buss from Danny to demo last Friday and had some time over the weekend to listen.  I'm bringing up the MB on this forum since I learned about the Tranquility through Danny and like the Ridge Street usb cables it is one of those components that I think helps to bring out the best from this already great dac.  On the audio side of things I've got my Tranquility dac and LFD integrated plugged into the MB (Pure Note Alluvion power cables) and using the cable Danny included connecting the MB to either a Porter Port or Oyaide outlet.  To put it simply music is clearly more vibrant and resolved. I won't go into much detail since much has already been written.  I will be keeping the MB.  I've always preferred the Porter Port over the Oyaide outlet and with the MB the differences between the two are even more apparent.  Both sound great but I find the PP more transparent and musical.  Listening to Cat Power's THE GREATEST last night it seemed like all new music.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: The dB Audio Labs Tranquility DAC - Wow!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2010, 07:52 pm »
I received PI Audio Group's Majik Buss from Danny to demo last Friday and had some time over the weekend to listen.  I'm bringing up the MB on this forum since I learned about the Tranquility through Danny and like the Ridge Street usb cables it is one of those components that I think helps to bring out the best from this already great dac.  On the audio side of things I've got my Tranquility dac and LFD integrated plugged into the MB (Pure Note Alluvion power cables) and using the cable Danny included connecting the MB to either a Porter Port or Oyaide outlet.  To put it simply music is clearly more vibrant and resolved. I won't go into much detail since much has already been written.  I will be keeping the MB.  I've always preferred the Porter Port over the Oyaide outlet and with the MB the differences between the two are even more apparent.  Both sound great but I find the PP more transparent and musical.  Listening to Cat Power's THE GREATEST last night it seemed like all new music.
I read your report on this and I am very pleased to see your response to the MajikBUSS impact on your system.  Like I said above, digital audio, in particular, HAS TO HAVE clean power to give the best reproduction.

I worked long and hard to get my products where they are today.  It is satisfying to see satisfaction from others, too.

I just built a custom version of a Majik for a customer with a Porter Port and a Pass&Seymour spec grade 5262 in place of the Leviton quad receptacle.  It will be interesting to see what he has to say about that combo.

I'm not big on the Oyaide duplexs either.  When doing upgraded outlets and inlets I prefer to use Furutech units.  I find them to be much higher build quality and that translates into superior sound and they are less money to boot.

BTW, I have a team of hacker extortionists that have invaded my website.  DO NOT GO TO MY SITE to see what is going on with PI audio group.  I have no idea if merely clicking on the link will put a tracking cookie on your computer or not.  We are working diligently to try to get this reconciled, but so far they get in every day with a new de facto administrator.  So far we are unable to find them in the source code.  Jerks are veerywhere in the internet.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Dave

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2010, 08:01 pm »
Why don't you take the link to your site off of Audio Circle until the situation is rectified?

-Roy

timztunz

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2010, 08:23 pm »
I experienced the same thing as truant did when I took my Tranquility DAC into my Silver Circle Audio pure power one 5.0 power conditioner with a Silver Circle Audio Vesuvius power cord.  Even lower noise floor, increased dynamics, vibrancy and slam.  I can't say enough good things about this DAC.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2010, 08:55 pm »
Why don't you take the link to your site off of Audio Circle until the situation is rectified?

-Roy
Done.  Not a great time to have this happen, either.  Two UberBUSS reviews came out in POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLINE today.... bummer!  Great reviews and a dead site.

:cry:

Dave

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2010, 09:07 pm »
Done.  Not a great time to have this happen, either.  Two UberBUSS reviews came out in POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLINE today.... bummer!  Great reviews and a dead site.

Dave

Yeah, that's a bummer. You'd think that these hackers would have better things to do with their time.

I hope you get your site running smoothly soon. Those hackers :evil: should be put in stocks in the public square.

Good luck with your business. :)

-Roy

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2 Feb 2010, 09:08 pm »

Dave

You should start a new theard if Danny will allow to link to the review.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2010, 09:12 pm »
Yeah, that's a bummer. You'd think that these hackers would have better things to do with their time.

I hope you get your site running smoothly soon. Those hackers :evil: should be put in stocks in the public square.

Good luck with your business. :)

-Roy
They are from Turkey and Russia.  A nuke is my solution.

Kinda harsh, huh?

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 2 Feb 2010, 09:14 pm »
You should start a new theard if Danny will allow to link to the review.
I'm waiting to hear back from Danny. 

Thanks for the info, BTW.  I sent your teflon out today, too.

Dave

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 2 Feb 2010, 09:28 pm »
There is already a thread in my circle for the Majik Buss free demo offer....

You guys are more than welcome to drop in there and add links to the reviews that just came out.

It might also be nice for Eric and the folks at db Labs if we move any discussion of the Majik Buss, outside of feedback on its use with the Tranquility DAC, over to that other thread.

I did, as per Eric's instructions, try the DAC straight into the wall. Prior to that I had it running from the digital out section (additional filtering section) of my Dodd Audio balanced power supply that was plugged into an Uber Buss. When going straight to the wall the difference was less than with other types of gear or front end components that I have compared in the past. However, plugging it straight into the wall did cause a slight elevation in noise floor and space between instruments, sound stage size, and depth did diminish to some degree.

When I get a chance I will try it in some of my other outlets on the Dodd Audio balanced power supply.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 2 Feb 2010, 10:52 pm »
There is already a thread in my circle for the Majik Buss free demo offer....

You guys are more than welcome to drop in there and add links to the reviews that just came out.

It might also be nice for Eric and the folks at db Labs if we move any discussion of the Majik Buss, outside of feedback on its use with the Tranquility DAC, over to that other thread.

I did, as per Eric's instructions, try the DAC straight into the wall. Prior to that I had it running from the digital out section (additional filtering section) of my Dodd Audio balanced power supply that was plugged into an Uber Buss. When going straight to the wall the difference was less than with other types of gear or front end components that I have compared in the past. However, plugging it straight into the wall did cause a slight elevation in noise floor and space between instruments, sound stage size, and depth did diminish to some degree.

When I get a chance I will try it in some of my other outlets on the Dodd Audio balanced power supply.
Thanks, Danny. 

Gotta be clean to sound pristine, I always say.

:green:
Dave

newzooreview

« Reply #11 on: 2 Feb 2010, 11:22 pm »
Speaking of websites, I noticed yesterday that the dB Audio site (http://www.dbaudiolabs.com/) has a new section up on "Tech Talk" that summarizes some of the electronics design info that Eric has posted here and that elaborates on a few things that haven't been mentioned in this thread. Better check it out soon before the hacker extortionists get there!  :o

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 4 Feb 2010, 06:58 pm »

Dave
Well, it looks like the hacker issue is solved.  I'm hoping and praying that it is.  My website is back up and all is well with this little corner of the globe.

Dave