Hypex nCore 400 vs Nuforce 9SEv3

Vic

Hypex nCore 400 vs Nuforce 9SEv3
« on: 29 May 2012, 03:45 pm »
I'm trying to find a direct comparison account from anybody who has actually compared the Hypex nCore 400 and the NuForce 9SEv3 side by side in the same system and not from memory.

mgalusha

Re: Hypex nCore 400 vs Nuforce 9SEv3
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2012, 04:48 pm »
I don't know that this has happened but I might be able to arrange it. A good friend is a nuForce dealer, I don't know if he has any on hand but I can ask.

mike

Vic

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2012, 09:12 pm »
Extremely nice offer. It would seem to be one of the more meaningful switching amplifier comparisons so I'm hoping its bound to show up either here or at another site.

Thanks again.

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2012, 06:23 pm »
OK, I think I can give you some perspective. I own the Nuforce Ref 18 mono blocks and had Jason's Ncore in my system. Along for the demo were five other audiophiles. To a man the Ncore beat the Ref 18s in all aspects. I am selling the Nuforce. Want to buy them? I have had some well respected amps in my system and for the money that the Ncore sells for it is just amazing in IMHO.   

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Hypex nCore 400 vs Nuforce 9SEv3 vs CHERRY
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2012, 07:11 pm »
Add Cherry MONO (or even MONO ULTRA) to the mix, and you have a Class-D amp shootout worth buying tickets to....

:)  :D  :o

Shameless plug, but a worthy one.  We have a few demos available in case someone wants to make this happen!

-Tommy O

Vic

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2012, 03:39 am »
OK, I think I can give you some perspective. I own the Nuforce Ref 18 mono blocks and had Jason's Ncore in my system. Along for the demo were five other audiophiles. To a man the Ncore beat the Ref 18s in all aspects. I am selling the Nuforce. Want to buy them? I have had some well respected amps in my system and for the money that the Ncore sells for it is just amazing in IMHO.

Well, that's to the point. No sense waxing lyrical on all the silly audiophile speak. 6 and 0 nuff said. Thanks.

hifial

• Sound Test
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2012, 12:25 pm »
Hi Vic. Just pressed for time. The Ncore had more speed, control, transparency, clean without any darkness, but not sterile. Not that the Nuforce is sterile or lacks anything it is just the Ncore had it in spades. Dynamics, tone, decay. Also this can be said about a lot of other amps and the few it comes close to cost a hell of a lot more. IMHO.

gammajo

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2012, 02:24 am »
Hifial
Please - what was the front end, preamp, and speakers used in the comparison?
I found my sweet spot with Nuforce V3SE only with tubed preamp, added weight on top of unit, vibration control, and electrical isolation - then magic happened. Thanks

hifial

• Sound Test
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2012, 07:47 pm »
Gammajo, my system is as follows: Speakers: B&W 802D (first generation)-Source: PS Audio Perfectwave Transport and computer based music server by I2S and Ethernet cables to PS Audio Perfectwave Bridge-Preamp: PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK II- Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo Universal Interconnect (balanced) and Speaker (bi-wired) Cells with Basik wire-Vibration Control: Finite Elemente Ceraball MKII (amps) and Cerapuc (DAC +Transport)-Power Conditioning: Synergistic Research Power Cell 10 SE MK II.

The Nuforce REF 18 Is a lot heavier then the 9 V3SE so the Ceraball should be more then adequate. I tried the Nuforce both into the Power Cell and straight into the wall. The Ncore straight into the wall.

I have no interest in using a tube front end and seeing how Nufoce has no tube preamp I see no reason that I should have too, but what ever works for you.

gammajo

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2012, 09:54 pm »
Hifial Thanks for taking the time to reply - nice system