Life and Priorities

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
Life and Priorities
« on: 25 Jan 2004, 11:32 pm »
I post this for those who query about my progress on various things.  One of these things is future projects.  Indeed there are many things to appreciate about future projects.  I also look forward to these projects.  This is partly because I enjoy new information and partially because I have a taste of these projects and how they will decisively  better the 1801.  However, as I consider these projects, I consider my current predicaement.

I have a very full time job, wife, and two wonderful boys.  I also have about 10 customers currently waiting for completed 1801s.  Some of these gentlemen have waited a long time for their 1801s.  For this reason I decided not to actively persue other projects until I catch-up with these customers.  As a minimum, I want to be at a 6 month wait for completed speaker.  This means that if guys are waiting 6 months +, then I am wrong.  Further, I take all things in the order received.  It would be very wrong of me to delay a paying customers cabinets to "play" with a new project started AFTER I received his deposit.  This would also be very wrong.

So, while I look forward to new projects, I remain a "1 guy show" with other priorities that need to be met before continued persuit of these future projects.

Hantra

Life and Priorities
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2004, 12:06 am »
Dave:

I am sure everyone will understand.

Just to make everyone feel better, there's a guy over in Washington who is a luthier, and the MINIMUM wait to get one of his guitars is TEN YEARS.  And that's if you feel like shelling out at least $10K for one of the basic Dreadnoughts and waiting. . .

Yikes!

MaxCast

Life and Priorities
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2004, 12:25 am »
Glad you have your priorities in line, Dave.  Keep up the good work and take care of those two boys and their mom.