Newbie question about Maggie LRS crossover assembly.

drphoto

Ok, finally started roughly laying out parts on a board. When I refer to the diagram, the tweeter has a pos/neg input, as does the woofer circuit. Can I jump the pos of tweeter input (and neg) to same on woofer circuit so as to have only one pair of tube connectors on the crossover box. I suppose this is obvious, but beyond soldering, I'm a newb. Thanks guys. Really looking forward to what this can bring to the party. So far.....not especially impressed by the stock LRS.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Newbie question about Maggie LRS crossover assembly.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2024, 08:44 pm »
Sure, that how we recommend running the input connections, with both positive inputs tied together and both negative returns tied together.
It's why we supply only one set of connectors with the kit, instead of two sets. 

drphoto

Re: Newbie question about Maggie LRS crossover assembly.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2024, 09:33 pm »
Thanks man, like I said.....seemed obvious but wanted to make sure to not fry the panels. Hopefully w/ this this, passive high pass filters and OB servo subs, I'll have a decent system. Gotta get these done, then the cables and wire the subs. Will be ordering sub internal wire and another length of raw speaker cable soon.