Av-3

Aljthre33

Av-3
« on: 3 Jan 2020, 11:04 pm »
Looking for my second build, other were the c-notes. Looking at either the Amigas or the AV-3s. Wondering if anyone has heard both and could compare, not which is better per say just overall differences and what to expect from either

charmerci

Re: Av-3
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:58 am »
How do you like the C Notes? What would you compare them to?

Jmitchell3

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2020, 02:01 am »
Looking for my second build, other were the c-notes. Looking at either the Amigas or the AV-3s. Wondering if anyone has heard both and could compare, not which is better per say just overall differences and what to expect from either

Price range? What are you trying to accomplish?

Aljthre33

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:40 pm »
Love the C-notes. Can’t really compare them to anything to be honest, last set of decent speakers I had were some KEF IQ3s years ago when they first came out. The Cnotes are for the bedroom, looking for some floor standers for the living room. 70/30 music , movies.  Price range is 300-400, could do a sub down the road but don’t need a ton of bass

Aljthre33

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:44 pm »
Also, music is classic rock, alt/new rock, some edm/trance. Bass doesn’t have to be crazy, just some nice , tight, how it’s supposed to be and when it’s supposed to be bass

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2020, 05:29 pm »
Another option in that price range is the X-MTM Classic or Encore. This is the X-CS center channel speaker built in a larger floor standing ported cabinet. Here's a link to the X-CS / X-MTM Classic on Danny's website http://gr-research.com/x-csclassic.aspx

The difference between the Classic and Encore versions is the tweeter. The Encore version runs about $40 more than the Classic. The web page pricing is for the center channel version. to use them as main speakers you have to order two kits. There are also a number of crossover upgrades available that aren't listed on the web page.

While the X-CS/MTM Encore doesn't have it's own web page, it is available. Just call Danny.

Mike