Pacific Audio Fest is open for registration!

kmmd

Re: Pacific Audio Fest is open for registration!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Mar 2021, 09:08 pm »
All these (except the need for frequent cleaning of surfaces, since they are not a significant cause for viral spread) are interesting concerns, but if they are arguments against attending an audio show this July (assuming anyone who wishes to be is vaccinated against COVD19 by then, which appears likely as of today), they are equally valid for not attending an audio show ever.  beta-corona viruses will not stop mutating, just as the influenza virus doesn't stop mutating, and there is always Legionnaire's disease to worry about in a hotel or convention center.

Thanks for your input.  The problem is that an audio show is a mass gathering and ANY RISK of spread is of concern.  This could be a super spreader event if proper precautions are not taken.  I would love to have this show be a go, but questions like mine need answers to be safe for everyone to attend.

Ah yes, Legionnaire’s, zebra indeed, but definitely underdiagnosed.

jriggy

« Reply #21 on: 7 Mar 2021, 10:42 pm »
Thanks for your input.  The problem is that an audio show is a mass gathering and ANY RISK of spread is of concern.  This could be a super spreader event if proper precautions are not taken.  I would love to have this show be a go, but questions like mine need answers to be safe for everyone to attend.

Ah yes, Legionnaire’s, zebra indeed, but definitely underdiagnosed.

This show will be far from the first mass gathering during the slowdown / after Covid. You’ll have plenty of events and gatherings to look at and pick apart before this one even happens, even some that have already happened, depending on what state you look at. But I think it’s safe to assume that most events will be doing what they are required to do. From there, as a few have stated, don’t go if you're uncomfortable, ie. if you don’t like the county’s or the state’s then current policies for gatherings.

mjalazard

« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2021, 02:11 pm »
Got my vaccines, I'll be there!

EkW

« Reply #23 on: 3 Apr 2021, 09:27 pm »
I am very close to booking a room and an airplane seat. The date is a great time to get out of desert heat. Plan to go up earlier in the week so that it will be a vacation with the bonus of a hifi show. At current vaccination rates restrictions should be rather mild, I avoided the crowded rooms anyways.

Bones13

« Reply #24 on: 3 Apr 2021, 10:41 pm »
Been vaccinated, was planning to go... then my daughter scheduled her doctoral dissertation thingee. Really wanrped to make this show. If I’m lucky, one of her profs will move it earlier in the summer.