fre11111

• Industry Participant
Re: Tigerwood XLS Encores are finally finished
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2022, 04:12 pm »
I love your work. Great Job.

Kaiju2189

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2022, 07:50 pm »
Consider me inspired. Just placed an order for Encores. I have built amps and a preamp and redone cross overs but this will be my first speaker build.

Hoping supply will keep working back towards a more normal flow so these don’t turn into Christmas presents😁

jrocks29ms@gmail.com

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jul 2022, 04:30 am »
Those tiger wood ska’s are very pretty. Have you tried playing with positioning? They may benifit by being pulled out half a foot or more so there is space between the two speakers, I had almost the exact same issue with placement a year ago and just bit the bullet with looks and had my speakers about a foot total I front of the fury other and it helped a ton with imaging and soundstage.
Good luck and beautiful build!

kwhitman

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2022, 03:14 am »
Thanks, we are enjoying the Tigerwood grain and more importantly their sound. 

Yes, I do pull them out when the wife and I settle in for a listening session.  They are placed beside the entertainment center, most of the time, because of my high energy German Shepherd.  He thinks that area in front of the entertainment center is his playground! :green:

You are correct they sound better pulled away from the wall.  :thumb:  I was expecting to get flamed for those pictures showing them tucked away beside the entertainment center and too close to the wall.:duh: :nono:

Now that I have been called out I can relax. :green:

Kris

KTS

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2022, 06:04 pm »
Absolutely stunning work! Well done!