Hyperion, the Company

roark

Hyperion, the Company
« on: 9 Nov 2006, 06:37 am »
I've heard the Hyperion 938s and I think they are excellent.  However, I am not sure about the company itself.  I have emailed them like 3 times and no response.  I don't know why many companies put their e-mail address in their website when they have no intentions of replying to e-mails anyways.  Are the Hyperion people reliable?   Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Dracule1

• Facilitator
Re: Hyperion, the Company
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2006, 09:32 am »
Have you tried calling?  There are two phone numbers on their web site.  Albert has been pretty prompt returning calls in the past.  I think the NJ number is Albert's direct number.

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2006, 12:43 pm »
FWIW, that "NJ" number has a 646 area code, which is a NY area code.  It might be a cellphone.

(Princeton, NJ is in the 609 area code)...

whopnyc

« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2006, 01:11 pm »
I've heard the Hyperion 938s and I think they are excellent.  However, I am not sure about the company itself.  I have emailed them like 3 times and no response.  I don't know why many companies put their e-mail address in their website when they have no intentions of replying to e-mails anyways.  Are the Hyperion people reliable?   Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I have found that more companies/dealers than not do not answer emails.  I've always wondered why they put their email address on there if they're going to ignore emails. All it does is turn customers off to the company. One dealer I deal with actually puts a disclosure that emails may not be the best means of communication. Not a bad idea.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2006, 03:03 pm »
Ah yes Phil, that is his cell number.

Albert once told me he was back logged close to a hundred emails, so it may be difficult for one guy to answer them all.

roark

« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2006, 04:25 pm »
I hear ya Dracule1.  I guess there's no point in emailing them.  I suggest that they take out the email address in their website.  They look bad when they do not answer their emails.

Ah yes Phil, that is his cell number.

Albert once told me he was back logged close to a hundred emails, so it may be difficult for one guy to answer them all.

Doubleblind

• Arcam AVR600; Oppo BDP83SE;Hyperion 938; Axiom sur
« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2006, 05:32 pm »
Albert may priortize his communications.

If your question is of a rather general type, why not post it here?  There are many knowledgeable folks right here and could help.

In fact, Albert has dropped in from time to time right here and might answer your question.

hth

HSD_CA

« Reply #7 on: 9 Nov 2006, 11:19 pm »
Dear Roark,

I apologize for the lack of communication.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly at sales@hyperionsound.com.  I'll try to have your question answered in a timely matter.

Regards,

James
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2006, 11:33 pm by HSD_CA »