BP-25 remote control issue

schastleevo

BP-25 remote control issue
« on: 16 Nov 2023, 05:59 pm »
I had to replace the battery in the remote control for my BP-25, & I'm sure it was dead for some time. So I replaced the 9v battery, & replaced the remote's back plate. Now when I try to listen to my stereo the BP-25 volume is automatically turned up to it's full volume. Also while the volume is pegged at it's full volume I can hear (what I believe) the volume's control motor running. I've turned off the BP-25, & turned down the volume control. Then when the BP-25 is powered up again the volume starts to increase. I've then turned off the BP25, & left everything alone. I came back to look at things a day, or 2 later. I found that the new battery in the remote control was now dead. I've put in another new 9v battery into the remote. Unfortunately it just does the same thing, the volume control is being turned up to it's max. I've disconnected the battery in the remote, & the BP-25 works normally except that it must be manually adjusted.

I've tried searching the BP-25's manual for a possibly trouble shooting chapter, but none was found. FYI, the remote was just sitting in a chair with nothing touching it as it normally does all the time when it's not being used.

I'm wondering why the remote control has started to act like this, & what can be done about it?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: BP-25 remote control issue
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2023, 08:29 pm »
Greetings,

When ever I have replaced my batteries I have alway had to enter the code for my pre to resume normal operations - not sure of you have tried this yet.

Be well...

PROGRAMMING the BR2 REMOTE CONTROL:

SETTING UP THE BR2 TO BE USED WITH DIFFERENT BRYSTON MODELS:
1st) Press and hold the CODE button on the BR2 remote until the red LED begins to flash (usually takes about 5
seconds). As soon as the LED remains steadily RED, release the CODE button and enter the the 3 digit code
before the LED goes out. The LED will flash twice after a valid code has been successfully entered. (2nd) Enter a three digit code as follows:

711: SP2 PreAmp/Processor
712: B100 integrated amplifier
721: BP26 preamp *
722: B60R integrated amplifier & BP6 preamp
Other codes:
792: Toggle motion sensor on/off (backlight control)
797: Toggle backlight on/off

* See also Model Select Buttons below.

Vhond

Re: BP-25 remote control issue
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2023, 07:43 am »
And what to do if he has the original remote control?

That hasn't numbers and code buttons??