Hello from North East Indiana

Ccook1065

Hello from North East Indiana
« on: 1 May 2021, 09:14 pm »
Hello all - I am a newbie and have been interested in the designs by Danny as my entry point to get back in to the world of audiophiles. I am running an Adcom 5800 with two Acoustic Research AR-9 (Hi-Res) floor speakers. I have just purchased the X-Voce kit today. I am looking forward to this as my first build. I really want to build the X-Statics, so I  am sure this kit will help me make the leap or change my mind. 

I got interested in audio again after a long absence. I was a teenager when I bought my Acoustic Research speakers. I worked at an electronics store and they were almost their best pair available. I had been moving them from house to house for the last 15-16 years and not even hooking them up. My father in law happened to buy a new amp and I took his old Adcom off his hands to see if my speakers would still play. Turns out they do! And I remembered instantly how much I love just listening to music. I’m looking forward to the journey and love the content from Danny on social media.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from North East Indiana
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2021, 09:20 pm »
Welcome to AC   :thumb:

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2021, 12:35 am »
Welcome Ccook, I'm in Fort Fun!!!

Ccook1065

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2021, 04:24 am »
I’m about 40 minutes north of the fort. Awesome to know there are like minded folks nearby!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2021, 11:43 am »
Welcome!  I went to college in Angola, about the time of your AR-9's.  In fact have a used ARS-500 15 inch ported subwoofer that I use in my AV system that works very well. 

Even if not interested in professional gear, suggest stopping into Sweetwater on the west side of Fort Wayne.  It's a huge wonderland of gear and much more. 

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2021, 12:22 pm »
I’m about 40 minutes north of the fort. Awesome to know there are like minded folks nearby!
Welcome! We lived in Ft. Wayne and Clear Lake for many years, retired in Florida now.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2021, 12:37 pm »
Welcome!

Ccook1065

« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2021, 02:22 pm »

Even if not interested in professional gear, suggest stopping into Sweetwater on the west side of Fort Wayne.  It's a huge wonderland of gear and much more.

Sweetwater is an awesome store for sure! Great to see all the growth they are having as well.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2021, 03:11 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Ccook   :thumb: 

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2021, 12:01 pm »
Welcome to the circle from another Hoosier down around Indy.

Craig B

« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2021, 12:16 pm »
Welcome from another Hoosier, this time on the north edge of Indy proper.