Topshelf are you still interested in redoing your well tempered arm? I rewired mine with much success! It took me about 4 hours in total. Tools: angled pick, Phillips screw driver, pilers, solder pen, solder. Materials: set of 4 tonearm wires (2 ft), tonearm ground wire (2 ft), set of cartridge pins.
You need to remove the front of the arm with pilers and a piece of cloth to not scratch the metal. Just slightly turning it while pulling it out gently (like you would pulling a tooth out). Their should be some cotton inside. remove it with small angled pick in a scooping motion. Making sure you don't not push it in further!. There should be a fine white sand inside. Save it it in a small glass cup (shot glass).
Gently break free the tiny black gaskets where the actual wire comes out of from the back and front of the arm (they're glued). Save them if you use a small enough wire set that will fit through them. These are used so the sand doesn't come out. My wire set was actually much thicker so I couldn't reuse them. I used small amount of tacky glue which worked great.
Now for the step of inserting the wires. After doing this I thought I could of done this differently. But try whatever works for you. I pushed all five wired in at once through the big opening at the front. Once I could see the wires through the very small opening at the other end. I would fish them out one by one with the pick. Take some patients but you can do it. Once you get about three wires through, it become harder to see the other wires and you have less room to work with you pick. So what I did was use a very plenty tape (blue painter tape) to fold over the already routed wires to the tonearm. Thus giving you more visibility. Keep at it you'll get them all! Now here the part were I could of done this differently. Once you route all the wires through then you got to remember you have to route all the wires through the front tiny port too! Same process. fish them out with the pick. So I thought oh! I should have first routed them one by one through the small port at the front instead of through the big opening? Hope that makes sense?
After getting all the wires through I evened them all out to the same length. Give Me enough length on the cartridge side to work with. Taped it down to the tonearm. Then on the other end started to braid it. I use a wire set from Kabusa and its very flexible, not firm at all. Finished the braid and taped the end to keep together with enough wire to work with to solder to the post end. Put the port gaskets back on if your wire set fits through them if not tacky glue worked for me. Put the sand back in and and cotton you pulled out and place the cart mount end back on.
Solder ends to the rca box. ( take a picture before removing old wires). standard wiring goes. (Red wire - right side positive) (green wire-right side negative) (white wire- Left side positive) (Blue wire-Left side negative) ( black- ground)
Solder your pins! and you set!