Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM 136

ledoux1238

Re: Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM 136
« Reply #200 on: 24 Mar 2021, 10:00 am »
I have been following the thread, but if this question had been answered, then please excuse the repetition.

Have anyone used / compared the PSM 156 with the P.I. Audio UberBuss? I seem to recall on the Audiogon Forum that someone mentioned that he has moved from the  P.I. Audio UberBuss to the PSM 156. I would like a bit more information regarding the change.

Thanks!

bernardo

« Reply #201 on: 29 Apr 2021, 05:52 pm »
Has anyone tried the Puritan Ultimate power cord with the PSM156?

Cappy

« Reply #202 on: 29 Apr 2021, 06:07 pm »
Bernardo,

I moved from the Classic cord provided with the PSM 156 to the Ultimate power cord.  I like it a lot.  It is definitely a nice improvement in my system.

One caveat is that if your system is tuned for the stock PSM 136/156 cord, you may need to rejigger things a bit for preferred tone, since the Ultimate is stronger in the bass and lower midrange.

jriggy

« Reply #203 on: 4 May 2021, 06:17 pm »
Any updates from owners that were wanting a couple more outlets with a 156?

I’m trying to figure a good and just as clean path for an extra duplex (or two) for an AppleTV, an iFi spdif purifier and maybe another 5v ps. This is just for casual day time app steaming...but these items run outside the Puritan and its simply not as good at all.

I have an old PI MajikBUSS w/ TWL 7+ cord and I tried it daisy-chained through the 156 and it wasn’t as good either. Might just be that the Puritan and it’s power cord are more neutral and open, so anything other than that neutrality, even with the 156 upstream, just doesn’t sound as good...

I do like the idea of putting NCF outlets in a standard but high quality power strip but then stuck with whatever rubber coated cord is attached to it.

So far running all the ancillaries mentioned into the Wells Audio Looking Glass conditioner I still have seems to be best but keeping it around for just these lil things seems like overkill...

Anyone work together a just-as-clean-as-through-the-156 outlet addition??

LP1

« Reply #204 on: 19 May 2021, 04:48 pm »
Is anyone aware of a US dealer that will demo these products prior to purchasing? Thanks.

Wig

« Reply #205 on: 15 Aug 2021, 10:36 pm »
Guys,

If you want to remove more noise from your components, I recommend attaching a scrap piece of wire from a chassis screw on
your components and run that wire to the star ground on your PSM136/156; I did each component separately to discern any differences
and it was quite obvious on each component.

Amazing results that will cost you Nothing!  :thumb:

Wig :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #206 on: 15 Aug 2021, 11:28 pm »
Is anyone aware of a US dealer that will demo these products prior to purchasing? Thanks.
What state do you happen to be in?

FastFingers

« Reply #207 on: 28 Aug 2021, 05:30 am »
Does the Puritan 136 come with USA voltages (120) or only EU voltage (220)? If there is a 120 volt version, is it just as effective as the 220 volt version?
Thanks,
FastFingers

Big Red Machine

« Reply #208 on: 28 Aug 2021, 04:47 pm »
mine is US 120 v. It is a UK based company I believe so European voltages are available.

Kishore

« Reply #209 on: 28 Aug 2021, 06:19 pm »

You can reach out to Albert at Precision Audio Video pavchicago.com - there are bunch of other dealers you can contact as well  :shake:

Kishore

« Reply #210 on: 28 Aug 2021, 06:48 pm »

Worth reading this ASR Review  :thumb:

Early B.

« Reply #211 on: 28 Aug 2021, 08:22 pm »

Worth reading this ASR Review  :thumb:

Garbage. That guy doesn't understand his own measurements. 

AndrewA

« Reply #212 on: 28 Aug 2021, 09:15 pm »
Verdant Audio is another US stockist now.  He often allows home trials.

Kishore

« Reply #213 on: 28 Aug 2021, 09:25 pm »

Care to explain and educate me - I would love to know more :notworthy:

Geardaddy

« Reply #214 on: 29 Aug 2021, 01:55 am »
Anyone know the best way to contact this company direct with questions? I’ve sent several inquiries and got no response in well over a week

Early B.

« Reply #215 on: 29 Aug 2021, 02:42 am »
Care to explain and educate me - I would love to know more :notworthy:

The guy performs measurements and concludes that the power conditioner doesn't live up to the claim of improving audio fidelity, but he doesn't offer any comments of actually listening to it. That's akin to acquiring speakers and measuring them, and then concluding -- without listening to them -- that they don't sound as good as the manufacturer said they would.   

Kishore

« Reply #216 on: 29 Aug 2021, 04:16 am »
Sorry you did not answer my question at all and sidestepped it completely  :duh: You make a point about not listening to it. That is not what you posted.
So what part of measurements do you dispute or reviewer missed out? Care to explain?

Early B.

« Reply #217 on: 29 Aug 2021, 12:52 pm »
Sorry you did not answer my question at all and sidestepped it completely  :duh: You make a point about not listening to it. That is not what you posted.So what part of measurements do you dispute or reviewer missed out? Care to explain?

I'm not sure I can make it any clearer for you. I don't dispute the technicality of his measurements. However, his measurements don't support his conclusion. I said he doesn't understand his own measurements because he made a classic error in reasoning called a "logical leap." Logical leaps are 100% unscientific and invalid. 

Kishore

« Reply #218 on: 29 Aug 2021, 06:01 pm »
I'm not sure I can make it any clearer for you. I don't dispute the technicality of his measurements. However, his measurements don't support his conclusion. I said he doesn't understand his own measurements because he made a classic error in reasoning called a "logical leap." Logical leaps are 100% unscientific and invalid. 

Ok- you seem to confirm measurements and how it was taken are valid. Can you point to particular measurement chart and state why conclusion was not correct from only those measurements? I am responding since I thought you could share more knowledge about some measurement which was either not correct or one could interpret measurements some other way- that was your original comment which caught my eye- and I am seeking to learn more new info.

If you do not have more info on measurements- I suggest your original comment" does not understand his own measurements"  is wrongly worded - you have not pointed to a chart and address any discrepancy but instead you confirm they are valid.

Early B.

« Reply #219 on: 29 Aug 2021, 06:31 pm »
Ok- you seem to confirm measurements and how it was taken are valid. Can you point to particular measurement chart and state why conclusion was not correct from only those measurements? I am responding since I thought you could share more knowledge about some measurement which was either not correct or one could interpret measurements some other way- that was your original comment which caught my eye- and I am seeking to learn more new info.

If you do not have more info on measurements- I suggest your original comment" does not understand his own measurements"  is wrongly worded - you have not pointed to a chart and address any discrepancy but instead you confirm they are valid.

This reminds me of a wonderful song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_e-RQZVwxg