What are your speaker cables?

mrotino332

Re: What are your speaker cables?
« Reply #80 on: 23 Apr 2021, 12:27 pm »
I've settled on the Silversmith Fideliums as the best I've tried with my X5s.  Previously I used the all silver Ridge Street Poiema speaker cables which have no connector, the speaker cable itself is the connector.  This is the same for the Fideliums as they just have a notch at the end of the cable.  I also tried the Ven Haus Chela litz speaker cable without any connectors bare wire.  My preference is Fideliums first, followed closely by the Poiemas then the Ven Haus.  All three are excellent however the Fideliums just have that extra detail, speed, resolution and trailing of musical sounds to the back of the stage and just sound absolutely neutral, no coloration whatsoever.
Just my opinion of course and I haven't tried other speaker cables. 

Audiophile58

« Reply #81 on: 4 May 2021, 04:13 pm »
Wire world Eclipse are better then most in a lot f ways ,any type of stranded in a minus to start with
For all strands micro arc that is a dac which = more distortions  Wireworld use individual wires different gauges
In the lowest dielectric out there and the Purest OCC Copper = 7-9s pure none better .
And  very important connections ,pure Copper silver plated , and spades or bananas can be changed by their screw on connectors and they have the Eclipse Copper then 3 grades higher up to the Platinum line ,
Vs the competition very accurate and clear ,excellent value perr $$ ratio. I have tried many  ,I am speaking through experience ,check them out before making and decisions.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #82 on: 4 May 2021, 04:56 pm »
Wire world Eclipse are better then most in a lot f ways ,

which level of eclipse do you use?  i see at least platinum, silver, gold and mini.  as well as level 8 and 7.  thanks

Flip49er

« Reply #83 on: 4 May 2021, 06:45 pm »
Just got through the burn in process on a pair of Audio Sensibility Signature cables. Very open and detailed. All copper, so no strident "silverness" in these and I enjoy them very much.

Mr. Big

« Reply #84 on: 11 May 2021, 05:15 pm »
I just purchased some AQ William Tell Zero speaker cables and my jaw hit the floor on the positive impact driving the M3 Sapphires. A match made in heaven and literally transform the sound production from the M3's, now I have to say they are fully better than my Quad speakers, same great midrange, detail is natural also but now with full dynamics and bass to die for. The noise floor is lower, and the imaging is so natural, color and the timber of brass are dead-on, and piano is reproduced if well-recorded like it is in your room, neither pushed forward into the room or back behind the speakers, it is just there in the room. Vocals are also superb just played Ricky Lee Jones, Pop, Pop recording, and it's never as it sounded so good, like you in the studio right in your room, I was always fair on this recording, but no longer it is superb now. The M3's are truth-tellers, they add little and they will give you back what you feed it. So don't skimp.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2021, 02:46 pm by Mr. Big »

Rosswell105

« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 02:36 am »
I have tried my old Kimber 8tc and Audioquest Gibraltar on M5 and both sounded very good. I built speaker cables using Mogami w3104 for fun but bass on mogami was a bit loose. Recently I bought used audience ohno 3 and shunyata venom cables for different set ups but the best cables for M5 to my ears are Shunyata venom with low background, good tight bass and wide sound stage. venoms are staying with M5.

Tyson

« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 02:51 am »
I've switched over to pure silver in a teflon sleeve and 'beeswax treated', multiple small strands braided together to get to 15ga for my downstairs system.  For my upstairs system I have the DIY UPOCC braided copper cable that Danny at GR Research sells.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 11:21 am »
I've switched over to pure silver in a teflon sleeve and 'beeswax treated', multiple small strands braided together to get to 15ga for my downstairs system.  For my upstairs system I have the DIY UPOCC braided copper cable that Danny at GR Research sells.

you have 2 systems utilizing spatials?!?  if so, how cool.

doggie

« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 01:03 pm »
I am still waiting for my X5's to arrive but I will be using Duelund DCA16 hookup wire which is based on the old Western Electric design and has been popularized by Jeff Day who is now writing for Positive Feedback.

I used it with my Omega Audio speakers for a couple of years.

Tyson

« Reply #89 on: Yesterday at 03:47 pm »
you have 2 systems utilizing spatials?!?  if so, how cool.

Doh, didn't notice that this was in the Spatial forum.  I do run OB speakers similar to the Spatials in my downstairs setup, but I run box speakers in my secondary (upstairs) system.  Sorry about that!