New here interested in Spatial Audio speakers.

Audiojunkie21

New here interested in Spatial Audio speakers.
« on: 30 Aug 2021, 02:18 pm »
Hi
Would love to listen to Spatial Audio speakers, but alas nothing close by. I am an audiophile ( or so I think ) my equipment is Audible Illusions Preamp M3B with MC, New York Audio Moscode 600, Sony XA777 SACD modded,  Wavetouch Audio speakers and Turntables: Luxman PD121, Thorens TD 124, Technics SP25 in a custom African Mahogany plinth.
I believe Clayton Shaw was going to release a new set of M4's, but cannot find anything on the M4's anywhere. Any news on them or how good are the old M4 Triode Masters? Would appreciate any help you cangive.
Thanks, Regards

franSSS

Re: New here interested in Spatial Audio speakers.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2021, 04:14 pm »
Hello Newbie, Audiojunkie 21, WELCOME.

Lots to glean from the comments here. Must say most the guys here are most helpful.

Post here if you find out anything about the new M4's. Keen to know too.

geerock

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2021, 04:54 pm »
Audiojunkie
Where are you located?  Maybe someone that owns some Spatials isn't too far away.  As for new M4's?  I hadn't heard anything like that as the new M Sapphire line has some nice improvements over the older M line.  Best place to find the older M4's are on the sales sights as lots of Spatial owners are moving up to the newer generation of x's and m's.  But who knows?  Maybe he's putting out a budget line up.  Anyway...welcome and happy listening.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2021, 06:42 pm »
If I pull the trigger on upgrading to the X5's, I will have a very well maintained pair of white M3 Turbo S speakers for sale.

George

glfrancis

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2021, 11:56 pm »
Post your general location and you may be surprised. I found another owner/forum member within a reasonable drive from me. He is even letting me bring some of my equipment to hook up.

Audiojunkie21

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2021, 02:16 am »
Hi
I am in Charlottesville, VA. Came across someone in Richmond who has agreed to let me hear his M3's, hopefully it happens soon. Wish there was someone else closer and with some of the other Spatials. Any news on the new M4's. And No response from Clayton either. Oh well!!

franSSS

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2021, 08:23 am »
Hi
I am in Charlottesville, VA. Came across someone in Richmond who has agreed to let me hear his M3's, hopefully it happens soon. Wish there was someone else closer and with some of the other Spatials. Any news on the new M4's. And No response from Clayton either. Oh well!!

Clayton is normally quick to respond. Maybe give him a nudge? i SUspects he gets a load of emails.

Audiojunkie21

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2021, 01:05 am »
I came across 2 sets of M5's for sale  one has the crossover at the back and the other does not, one w/o is from November 2019 the one with is from sometime in 2020. dont know which one is current and why the difference between the two anyone can explain that please. And also  if someone knows of a pair of M3's fore sale.

Please help!

Audiojunkie21

« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2021, 01:09 am »
I did hear the M3's and they were fantastic, heard them in Richmond with a very nice gentleman who obliged me.