Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

jimdgoulding

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #80 on: 12 Jun 2015, 08:48 pm »
Hey, FRM, if I remember right, you are in South America, correct?  Do you mind converting your measurements for me (us) to feet and inches??  Thanks

A small room can play pretty large if your set up allows for it.  At least for the type of speakers I am familiar with.  Walls don't necessarily have to be subjectively confining.

vinagunner

« Reply #81 on: 12 Jun 2015, 10:32 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:32 am by vinagunner »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #82 on: 12 Jun 2015, 10:49 pm »
Jim,
I think its 10,5ft width and 12,6ft lenght, real a small room.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #83 on: 14 Jun 2015, 01:18 pm »
Any room has potential, at least I think it would have, if the speakers are not overwhelming and set up right.

vinagunner

« Reply #84 on: 14 Jun 2015, 01:48 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:33 am by vinagunner »

Lee_in_Canada

« Reply #85 on: 15 Jun 2015, 06:19 pm »
Hi All,

A bit late to the game but here are a few from my room.  Omega super 6.

I stop by the circle regularly to learn from all of your collective input and have had my speakers for about a year.  I really appreciated all the wonderful service received from Rob before during and after my purchase.  For my implementation I found I needed to replace some weaker components and cabling to really make my speakers sing.  Among the choices were the crown xls 1500 and some of Dave's cables after learning from posts here.  Next stop is behind listener room treatments, new stands then speed 12. 

Regards Lee

jorgen

« Reply #86 on: 15 Jun 2015, 08:12 pm »
About converting to metric system. A close enough rule of thumb is 3 feet to the meter.

RDavidson

« Reply #87 on: 15 Jun 2015, 08:51 pm »
Nice setup, Lee. Your listening area looks cozy, especially with the natural light coming in from the windows. Thanks for sharing.

milford3

« Reply #88 on: 15 Jun 2015, 11:48 pm »
I wish I was in that chair.  Very nice. :thumb:

beowulf

« Reply #89 on: 16 Jun 2015, 06:56 am »
Hi All,

A bit late to the game but here are a few from my room.  Omega super 6.

I stop by the circle regularly to learn from all of your collective input and have had my speakers for about a year.  I really appreciated all the wonderful service received from Rob before during and after my purchase.  For my implementation I found I needed to replace some weaker components and cabling to really make my speakers sing.  Among the choices were the crown xls 1500 and some of Dave's cables after learning from posts here.  Next stop is behind listener room treatments, new stands then speed 12. 

Regards Lee

Great looking room Lee!  What is the veneer on your speakers?  I like it a lot!

vinagunner

« Reply #90 on: 16 Jun 2015, 08:12 am »
v

guillaume bougard

« Reply #91 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:56 am »
click on this link to watch what Robbie Shakespeare's bass and Sly Dunbar's drum do to my 3i desktop speaker

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipPTmg3alrbI9MozcmFAlTzRihxLWcU301kj_aC4

Anybody knows how to embed videos in messages on this forum?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #92 on: 16 Jun 2015, 03:41 pm »
What is the veneer on your speakers?  I like it a lot!
EKO Mahogany, and as good as Lee's picture is, it doesn't do that finish justice.  Better looking than many real veneers I've seen.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #93 on: 16 Jun 2015, 03:49 pm »

But shouldn't the speakers have brass screws?  :?
Quite awhile ago Louis went from brass to stainless and now to black stainless.  Like brass, stainless is still non magnetic.
IMO the black looks the best - totally neutral regardless of finish.

davidflas

« Reply #94 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:34 pm »
My pair of 3i monitors arrived today and they sound great! However, now I have to track down a hum source that I didn't notice before with my far less sensitive Pioneer speakers. Also, will need to get a bigger desk.

Flinx99

« Reply #95 on: 16 Jun 2015, 11:51 pm »
My pair of 3i monitors arrived today and they sound great! However, now I have to track down a hum source that I didn't notice before with my far less sensitive Pioneer speakers. Also, will need to get a bigger desk.

Hi.  Congrats on the purchase.  If you like them now, you are in for a treat--- they just get better. 

Jim

ozoid

« Reply #96 on: 17 Jun 2015, 04:41 am »
click on this link to watch what Robbie Shakespeare's bass and Sly Dunbar's drum do to my 3i desktop speaker

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipPTmg3alrbI9MozcmFAlTzRihxLWcU301kj_aC4

Anybody knows how to embed videos in messages on this forum?

I'm getting a 404 Error message when I click on the link.

vinagunner

« Reply #97 on: 17 Jun 2015, 06:34 pm »
v

FireGuy

« Reply #98 on: 17 Jun 2015, 07:40 pm »
Ah, I see. Me I prefer brass as it match the spikes very well  8)

But more pictures, please!  :thumb:

I'm liking the brass look as well.  I just may replace the SS with brass... easy enough.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #99 on: 19 Jun 2015, 12:25 am »
The picture below is a much better shot of the Super 3i's on my desktop.  The desktop picture doesn't show them off like this shot does.  I saw them in a cell phone picture Louis sent me of a bunch of speakers waiting for drivers, later to be put up in the store.  I fell instantly in love, and now they have been on my desktop for the last few months.  Bleached Tweed baffle and back with the rest in real Zebrawood.  I love the fishscale grill that Louis went to for the smaller speakers.

My current desktop system, as far as my memory goes is the best I've had, or at least as good as the best I've had.  When I play it I'm amazed.  All types of music I've tried are handled wonderfully and I don't crave a sub.  The RS5 (and all Omegas for that matter) are very sensitive to what is in front of them.  My Audio Sector NOS DAC (built by Peter Daniel himself) really packs a punch in a desktop system, and coupled with the Temple Bantam Gold and the 3i's the synergy is amazing - lots of punch and weight to the music yet quick and light on it's feet at the same time. 

Soundstage?  Jaw dropping.  Detail, almost like headphones, but no harshness whatsoever unless it's on the recording which any really good system will not gloss over.

With any transparent speaker, the better the upline components, the better the results, and having the Temple amp and Audio Sector NOS DAC definitely play a big part.  Every system I've fronted with that DAC has sounded terrific and I highly recommend one if you can find a used one as they sadly are no longer made.  Frankly, with the advent of streaming services like Tidal I think A NOS 16/44,48 DAC makes alot of sense, and I've yet to hear a digital source that can beat this DAC on CD quality. 
(Yep, I know, a little off subject, but I'm exited).   :banana piano: