AC instrument Roll call- Name-Instrument-years playing it, etc...

Eric

I currently have a Navarro Special Grand Concert (Rodriguez) Classical and a Cordoba Flamenco. I have been playing off and on for 19 years

jackman

Very cool!  I had no idea we had so many musicians on the site!  My playing has gone downhill over the years and was never much to write home about to begin with!  Hopefully, my little guy (6 yo) will be a better musician.  He has a ukulele but I'm not hearing anything that sounds like music coming from it...

Cheers,

J

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Clarinet since age 10(playing for 47 years).  Graduated from Curtis Institute of Music.  Played in orchestras in Europe, South America, in the states (Philadelphia, NYC, Oklahoma City, Columbus, OH)

Gave it up at age 36 and started an employee benefits company.  Business is doing well so took it back up 4 years later and have been playing in the Canton Symphony(Ohio) and in the Cleveland Pops since 1992.

Most recently played the Mozart Clarinet Concerto with the Canton Symphony January/2011.

Randy

decal

Guitar 40+ years and still can't play worth a crap!!!!!

eclein

• Facilitator
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Decal- I bet you got some great calluses....I don't even know how to spell it...LOL :duh:

decal

Naw e, I can't stick with it long enough at one time to form them, maybe it's ADD or something!! :duh:

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
Guitar:  Rare Harptone 12 string (think George Harrison, Concert for Bangaladesh) and Black "Tennessean" Acoustic electric with "cool tube" built in amplification.  Playing for 50 years....now more off than on.
Hibuck....

mnilan

I have several guitars - different types of music and different locations (you can't fly with a guitar these days) require different guitars.  Mostly play acoustic with a Guild D-44 in Seattle and a Martin HD282R in New York.  I bought the Guild in 1966 along with a hollow-body Guild Starfire II (also made in 1966) because they both have virtually the same neck and I still have both of them.  Have a Yamaha classical I got in Japan in the early 1970s and an Ibanez Strat copy (it is bright red and I call it the "wet dream") that I got fifteen years ago or so.  Started playing in 1962 and still play guitar once a month with a "participatory music" group (i.e., bunch of experienced musicians but NO audience, EVER).  When I jam I mostly stay with guitar but I play piano every day and am loving piano big time!  Do mostly jazz standards on piano.  I have a Hundai baby grand (yep, Hundai) in our music room and a Yamaha P-140 digital in my home office.  Started playing piano three years ago last August and I am having a blast!

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
Guitar- started @ 10    stopped @ 27

I picked it back -up 1.5 years ago. Since then I have been on intensive program. I have been playing with an accomplished guitarist. Also, I have been taking lessons in theory. I have been averaging at least 15 hours at week playing time to catch up.

Martin HD-28
American Deluxe Strat
Fender blues Jr, NOS model

Just got a new Martin 000-28EC !!
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2012, 06:52 pm by Vulcan00 »

mfsoa

Played drums all through HS and college but hardly at all after that, which is quite lame of me.

But we have a "band" at work that plays at our dept parties etc. and we are playing outdoors this Fri. Should be fun.  Funny thing is the part of me that hurts the most (being out of drumming shape) is my ass - I need to stand up and get some blood flow down there all the time!

Big-old Tama ImperialStar (I think - single headed toms - it was the kind that Liberty Devito (?) played w/ Billy Joel yrs ago) set. I wish it was a smaller kit now. Zildjians for me, don't like the Paiste relatively overtone-less sound.

Was thinking the other day that my cymbal collection is ~ 30 yrs old. Are they going up in value yet?  :icon_lol:

-Mike

eclein

• Facilitator
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
YES on the Cymbals...the dirtier, the more money, seriously......