Anyone hear of RecTec?

EdRo

• Industry Participant
Anyone hear of RecTec?
« on: 11 Jul 2020, 03:39 am »
I made a trip to Georgia a couple weekends ago with multiple goals. One...to visit my new grandaughter.  Two...to hang out with Mike Powell of Verastarr cable. (He happens to live less than an hour from my sons home) I have a new set of prototypes that he was interested in hearing. And Three...to swing by RecTec, and pick up my new RT700 Bull pellet grill/smoker. So far I've cooked chicken, ribs with baked beans, steak and pork shoulder. My experience is limited, but judging from my 4 cooks, the control over temperature is unbelievable. I'd heard that temp control with pellet grills was good. That's why I was interested in this purchase. But this RecTec control is ridiculous.

GentleBender

Re: Anyone hear of RecTec?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2020, 11:29 am »
I love my RecTecs and can’t imagine smoking or grilling without them. The clean up is simple, I use an old wet/dry vac to remove the ash maybe one or twice a year depending on how often it is used. You got the cold smoke box, I’m jealous.

So easy to control from my phone anywhere. I’ve never had an issue with the wireless even when unplugging them to move or clean, just connects again every time power is restored. They have been updating the app for the past two years I’ve had them and am able to control both from the app by selecting which one.

GentleBender

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2020, 09:52 pm »
Time to cook some sausages and chicken. Love the RecTec integration with my Apple Watch.

RecTec has really made grilling and smoking easy.

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2020, 10:23 pm »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2020, 10:44 pm »
 :o  Wow!

Dormouse99

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2020, 10:57 pm »
Seems far more advanced than my old Woodwind. And seriously expensive. Where can you get a deal on these grills?

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2020, 11:10 pm »
I’m not sure where you can buy them other than straight from the manufacturer, sort of like buying direct from the company on Audiocircle. Mine are two years old and running like new. I can now go to sleep at night while the grill cooks the briskets instead of waking up so many times to check on them and adjust the temps.

stlrman

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2020, 11:35 pm »
Does it take a bag of pellets for each cooking session ?
What is the big black box attached to the grill?

GentleBender

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2020, 11:38 pm »
I seem to get about a lb an hour for the pellets and get them between $6 and $12 a 20 lb bag locally. The big black box is a cold smoke add-on for cheese and fish or other things that smoke best at low temps.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2020, 09:28 am »
That looks great!  I've never cooked on a RecTec but they have a great reputation. :thumb: