Linked Events

• Florida Audio Expo: 8 Feb 2019 - 10 Feb 2019

Florida Audio Expo

Phil A

Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #40 on: 10 Feb 2019, 11:54 am »
I listened briefly and probably will go back for another listen today. Rooms were crowded yesterday and didn’t get there on Friday.

TomS

« Reply #41 on: 10 Feb 2019, 12:01 pm »
I didn't hear brightness in the Paradigms, sounded very nice. They were doing demo's on/off of their Anthem room correction and it made a speaker that was too large for a small hotel room sound very respectable.

BobM

« Reply #42 on: 10 Feb 2019, 03:39 pm »
I posted pics of the rooms that I liked, in general. The Paradigms were sounding pretty good. So were the Triangle speakers. Of course, brightness could have something to do with the source and amplification equipment, or lack of room treatment. But in general, these all sounded just fine to my ears.

TomS

« Reply #43 on: 10 Feb 2019, 04:21 pm »
I posted pics of the rooms that I liked, in general. The Paradigms were sounding pretty good. So were the Triangle speakers. Of course, brightness could have something to do with the source and amplification equipment, or lack of room treatment. But in general, these all sounded just fine to my ears.
I had a demo of that Triangle system with vinyl, the entire system, all tubes, less than $20k, which is rare for these sort of show setups. It was the biggest surprise to me, really sounded good, smooth, well integrated, just a pleasure to listen to. Mikey Fremer was sitting in front of me playing some of his "secret sauce" vinyl, so perhaps that helped as well. I liked it a lot.

ksbruce

« Reply #44 on: 10 Feb 2019, 06:49 pm »

We’re ready in Room 403!!

Please stop by for a listen & a libation of your choosing! Seltzer, soda & water available to

Cheers,
Pete

One of the best rooms at the show!

Kamron

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #45 on: 10 Feb 2019, 09:47 pm »
Had a great time at the show this weekend!  Well done to everyone involved in putting it on!

Always good to talk with other audio folks and friends that I get to see at the shows.

tonyptony

« Reply #46 on: 11 Feb 2019, 02:27 pm »
Agreed. I vote this one of the best shows I've attended. While smaller than the other biggies, the quality of the systems was right up there with the best of them, and the sound frankly was way above average. It turns out the venue had something to do with this! I'll leave it to one of the founders of the event to explain. Kudos to the team behind this exceptional event premier!  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #47 on: 11 Feb 2019, 06:17 pm »
+1 on that!

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #48 on: 11 Feb 2019, 06:19 pm »
the sound frankly was way above average. It turns out the venue had something to do with this!
The place was originally a condominium. Not too may hotels with washer/dryer outlets in kitchen  :wink:
As such, pretty solid, well insulated from each other rooms. Decent size too. Quite a few comments about that. Yes, part of why the venue was chosen, along with location, etc.
Thanks to all who came, the turnout, buzz, coverage etc exceeded expectations. Also surprising(?) was the amount of youthful and female faces.
Heavy local presence also, 99% who had never been to (nor likely to travel across country for) an audio fest.

cheers,

AJ

p.s. Rich, bring some speakers next year  :lol:

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #49 on: 11 Feb 2019, 06:34 pm »
AJ, we miss you....LSAF

mhconley

Florida Audio Expo 2020
« Reply #50 on: 3 Feb 2020, 04:43 pm »
Florida Audio Expo February 7-9, 2020 10AM-5PM each day at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Airport Westshore at 555 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609.

Last year's premier event was a nice low key affair. Anyone going next weekend? I plan to be there on Saturday.

Martin

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #51 on: 3 Feb 2020, 07:53 pm »
Why is the cost of the room so much more than any other embassy suites?

Phil A

« Reply #52 on: 3 Feb 2020, 08:32 pm »
Why is the cost of the room so much more than any other embassy suites?

Room rates are dependent on the area and what's going on around the area (activities that would impact demand).  For example, when I went on my initial trip to FL (almost 8 years back) to look around from up North, I left after lunch and stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Savannah, GA.  Couldn't understand why the room rate was so high (the Red Roof Inn about 70 miles south of that was more than $100 less).  Found out when I got there that the next day was St. Patrick's Day and they had a big parade (so I got out of there early).  It's about supply and demand.  That's why room rates in warm US climates tend to be less or more during certain seasons or similar situations in other areas of the US (e.g. I'm sure there is more tourists in Alaska during the summer vs. the winter).

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #53 on: 4 Feb 2020, 01:17 am »
Going to be there from Fri to Sun, staying at the Holiday Inn down the street (Embassy Suites was sold out). As prices go, the Holiday Inn was cheap.

Look me up!

Best,
Anand.

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #54 on: 29 Dec 2021, 02:50 pm »
Looks like the Feb 2022 Florida Audio Expo is still a "go"... https://floridaaudioexpo.com/

Hoping this show will be the next step in getting us back to normalcy!

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #55 on: 29 Dec 2021, 10:29 pm »
Hope to see the usual suspects

TomS

« Reply #56 on: 30 Dec 2021, 01:29 am »
Booked it ... AND I have Pat Metheny Side Eye tour tickets for Sunday night at Ruth Eckerd Hall  :green:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #57 on: 30 Dec 2021, 12:43 pm »
Nice, REH is a great venue Tom. Drag that transplant Jason over with you.  :wink:

TomS

« Reply #58 on: 30 Dec 2021, 12:54 pm »
Nice, REH is a great venue Tom. Drag that transplant Jason over with you.  :wink:
Be very afraid. He is coming!

dminches

« Reply #59 on: 31 Dec 2021, 01:53 pm »
Does anyone know what the COVID protocols will be at the expo?  Vaccinations? Tests? Nothing?