"SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: "SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003
« Reply #60 on: 10 Feb 2009, 06:27 pm »
Breaking News.  I wonder what A-Rod would have said to Congress.  Can Katie press charges?  8)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Miguel Tejada has been charged with lying to Congress about steroids.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

hmen

« Reply #61 on: 10 Feb 2009, 06:33 pm »
Breaking News.  I wonder what A-Rod would have said to Congress.  Can Katie press charges?  8)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Miguel Tejada has been charged with lying to Congress about steroids.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Katie forgot to put him under oath.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #62 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:27 pm »
OK, all you A-Rod haters, here ya go so's to start the MLB season out right!

Still more attire here.

Disclaimer,,, I am a lifelong Boston RED SOX fan. Hating the yankees is who I am and what I do. If there's anything I should apologise for, it's that I don't do it enough! :cuss: :lol: :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #63 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:20 pm »
That's OK, we life-long Orioles fans hate the arrogant bastards, too.
 :icon_twisted: :lol:

anthony a.

« Reply #64 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:51 pm »
who's the yankees? :rotflmao:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #65 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:56 pm »
who's the yankees? :rotflmao:

If we were playing Jeopardy...

What is, the most successful team in all of North American sports!!

George

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #66 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:56 pm »
On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Popemobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a New York Yankees jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Orioles jerseys aboard. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious Yankees fan from the water. Then using autographed Cal Ripken baseball bats, the three heroes beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Orioles and Yankee fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies, "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know squat about shark fishing. 

How's the bait holding up?"

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #67 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:09 pm »
That's a favorite of mine but let's face it, that bait wasn't A-Rod. No respectful shark would touch that bait,,,, but a slut like Madonna, well that's a different story. :green:

Cheers,
Robin

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:26 pm »
I thought there at least was a modicum of sincerity during his interview with Gammons, but the last press conference was a joke.  He is back to being A-Fraud.  My cousin, my ass. :scratch:  What a greasy dweeb.  :stupid:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #69 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:57 pm »
I thought there at least was a modicum of sincerity during his interview with Gammons, but the last press conference was a joke.  He is back to being A-Fraud.  My cousin, my ass. :scratch:  What a greasy dweeb.  :stupid:

Definitely an "F" on yesterday's performance.

It's almost like he wants to be tripped up...he has quickly become the Greek "tragic hero".

Very sad.

George

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #70 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:57 pm »

This morning's paper summed it up:

goskers

« Reply #71 on: 18 Feb 2009, 02:12 pm »
Let's keep in mind that A-rod has told more than anyone else to date.  Is it the complete truth, probably not.  Is it better than the rest, yes. 

How is someone supposed to tell us how this has enhanced his game.  He could tell you if his squat or bench went up but did balls start exploding off his bat? 

The story is certainly not believable but I don't put him in the same category as Bonds or McGuire.  He has gained one pound per year consistently.  This is a very realistic figure.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #72 on: 18 Feb 2009, 02:39 pm »
I know we live in a very result oriented society, but I still value intentions and integrity.  What I see is no remorse or contrition from A-fraud.  His body language is saying that he still doesn't believe he did anything wrong.  His regrets are just for being caught.  Only part of the interview where he seemed credible was when he was calling himself stupid.  Now I know why.  He is kicking himself for being stupid enough to be caught.  He would do it again if he thinks he can get away with it.  Heck, he may still be on it with some masking agent.   :scratch:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #73 on: 18 Feb 2009, 03:32 pm »
Poor A-Rod. He has one foot on the platform and one foot on the train, stuck between an adoring public urged to be indignantly surprised and a hypocritical MLB management structure that probably sourced the stuff. What's the guy supposed to say?

Is there really anything wrong with using steroids other than some anecdotal evidence that there may be long term personal health consequences? Sure it's against the rules but all professional sports organizations, just like all big businesses, cheat in every way they can. Our culture is more concerned with results than how they are obtained.

At least now we know how to win 14 Olympic gold medals. Just hook up the hookah and breathe deeply.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #74 on: 18 Feb 2009, 03:43 pm »
Tom,

You are getting very cynical lately.  Lighten up man. 

Cheers,

:beer:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #75 on: 18 Feb 2009, 03:54 pm »
Rim,

In the immortal words of Lily Tomlin, "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up". 

hmen

« Reply #76 on: 18 Feb 2009, 05:03 pm »

At least now we know how to win 14 Olympic gold medals. Just hook up the hookah and breathe deeply.

If that was true me and my friends would have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated. :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #77 on: 18 Feb 2009, 06:03 pm »
He's FOS...plain and simple.

Anyone really think he got tested in 2003, found out soon after and then completely stopped juicing?

What an FOS'er this guy is.

:( John

soundbitten1

« Reply #78 on: 18 Feb 2009, 06:32 pm »
The Yankees should just go ahead and try to sign Barry Bonds now .   :?

Biscuit

« Reply #79 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:23 pm »
The Yankees should just go ahead and try to sign Barry Bonds now .   :?

Hey, no joke.  Bonds is an outcast because he was singled out early but this whole thing has taken on a much different spin now that A-Rod, Clemens, Pettit, Giambi and tons of other guys have been "outed" as cheaters.  If Bonds can still play, I say let him play.  He's no more of a cheater than several of the other "Stars" who were doing the same thing.  Jacked up hitters batting against jacked up pitchers, and MLB loving the jacked up ratings.  We should just chalk up this era as the steroid era and be done with it.

Regarding A-Rod blaming his "cousin"...that was WEAK!  He could have just taken his lumps and moved on but he chose to compound the situation with more lies.  I hate A-Rod more than ever and hope he gets hit square in the head with 100mph fastball in his first at bat next year.  What a complete POS. :duh:

Just my opinion!