The HiFi Summit -- going? Cherry IS !! 😃

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: The HiFi Summit -- going? Cherry IS !! 😃
« Reply #40 on: 26 Jun 2020, 01:44 pm »
Your information/products/giveaways look great! You can tell a lot of work was put into it, some other exhibitors, not so much.
Thanks very much.  We still need to add a few things, like Cherry MEGAschino Amplifier product page....

AvsFan

« Reply #41 on: 26 Jun 2020, 02:49 pm »
You do realize it's a virtual show right?

Yeah, that guy must not realize that it's an online event. The power of reading before commenting never ceases to amaze me.   :D

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #42 on: 26 Jun 2020, 04:43 pm »
Cherry Amp seminar and Q&A Sunday, 2pm PDT (5pm EDT)!

NICKTENN

« Reply #43 on: 26 Jun 2020, 04:48 pm »
Cherry Amp seminar and Q&A Sunday, 2pm PDT (5pm EDT)!

Sweet, setting up calendar reminder!

RonN5

The HiFi Summit -- Day 1
« Reply #44 on: 26 Jun 2020, 07:58 pm »
Here is an update for those that didn't buy tickets...

1. All of the seminars are available to everyone....no ticket needed

2.  The giveaways page...you must have a ticket to get in...this page remains available to put your name on a giveaway (raffle?) for up to14 days.  It appears that you can get approximately 5 chances per giveaway by signing up for all their social media options....as of today...day 1, there are 27 giveaways ranging in value up to $3800.

3.  There is a product  page...you must have a ticket to get in...many, but not all, of the sponsors are offering discounts...normally around 10%...if you follow the link to their page.

Not sure if there will more giveaways or more discounts added in the upcoming days.

RonN5

« Reply #45 on: 27 Jun 2020, 11:24 am »
It is also worth noting that some of the sponsors, including some of the bigger ones, are offering no "giveaways" and no discounts...at least not so far.

RonN5

HiFi Summit upate #3
« Reply #46 on: 27 Jun 2020, 03:13 pm »
As this was somewhat a "first of its kind" show, it was hard to know what to expect in terms of participants.  Joe has 50,000 followers, so one might expect 10,000 people to buy tickets. 

On the other hand, there has been virtually NO chatter on the audio forums about the show....not sure why...but that could suggest an overall lack of interest.

As of this morning, the most popular giveaways had 1000 entries...and assuming that each person who bought a ticket entered at least 3 times...and in some cases they could enter 5-6 times by signing up with facebook, instagram, etc....I might estimate the overall interest level, so far, at 3-400 people....but I'm pretty sure that will grown substantially over the weekend.

There is a section where you can pick out specific products and vote for best design, best innovation, best presentation and desirability....Tommy, at least you know that your products got one vote!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jun 2020, 01:27 am »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Enjoy the Music coverage of The HiFi Summit
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jun 2020, 10:18 pm »
Check out the article about The HiFi Summit in Enjoy the Music:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/The_HiFi_Summit_Q2_2020/

RonN5

« Reply #49 on: 30 Jun 2020, 02:09 am »
As of Monday it looks like the paid attendees numbered in the 400-600 range with one more day to go.

A couple  of questions....

1.  Did the manufacturers get value for their investment?

2.  Did paid attendees get value for their $28+ dollars?

Having watched a few of the manufacturers video presentations so far... well done and worthwhile.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #50 on: 30 Jun 2020, 02:44 am »
As of Monday it looks like the paid attendees numbered in the 400-600 range with one more day to go.

A couple  of questions....

1.  Did the manufacturers get value for their investment?

2.  Did paid attendees get value for their $28+ dollars?

Having watched a few of the manufacturers video presentations so far... well done and worthwhile.
Only time will tell....  We’ve received LOTS of interest so far, and almost 2500 giveaway entries.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #51 on: 2 Jul 2020, 04:24 pm »
Now that the show's over, I can say that it was a success!  Joe and his crew really did an awesome job!

RonN5

« Reply #52 on: 2 Jul 2020, 04:45 pm »
I would agree that from the perspective of the manufacturer, the show brought viewers that may never have been interested in a particular manufacturer/product/brand in the past.

From the perspective of the audiophile, the interviews were very informative and pretty well done.

From the perspective of a ticket buyer...many of the manufacturers did not offer any buyer incentives and/or offer "giveaways"...so for ticket buyers that might actually have been product buyers if there was an incentive on what they were looking for...maybe a disappointment.  And for ticket buyers that were just kicking the tires...at least there were some decent giveaways that they might "win".

Given the nature of this particular show....first time out, etc., I'd give it 4 or 4.5 stars out of 5...but honestly, I'm looking forward to the day when the live shows can return!

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #53 on: 14 Jul 2020, 11:54 pm »
Was a winner for the 2-CHerry amplifier chosen?  Was it me?!  :popcorn:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #54 on: 15 Jul 2020, 02:43 am »
Was a winner for the 2-CHerry amplifier chosen?  Was it me?!  :popcorn: