Free signal cables

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Free signal cables
« on: 7 Sep 2012, 01:56 pm »
Just in case anyone did not receive the email. Hypex is offering free, upgraded signal cables to Ncore owners who received the previous version of the cable. You need to go to the Hypex sales site and log in. You will be prompted to click on a message at the top of the page.

mgalusha

Re: Free signal cables
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2012, 03:12 pm »
FYI, if your existing input cabling says Mogami on it, then you have the old wire and should request the replacement, otherwise the input cable you have is the same as what Hypex is offering to those with the Mogami.

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2012, 04:25 pm »
Any ideas the performance differences between the cables?

PeteG

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2012, 12:26 am »
Got the same email, will get the new cable but not sure if I will put it in. I do know the amp is very transparent so any change will be heard.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2012, 12:53 am »
Gotta say that's a pretty impressive thing for a company to do for the DIY folks. Hypex must believe in this cable upgrade or they surely wouldn't waste their finances by giving them out for free. Color me impressed!  :notworthy:

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2012, 01:03 am »

audio-heaven

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2012, 09:57 pm »
Just wondering did anyone receive their cables from Hypex yet? There was a glitch when I tried to register for mine, there was a back to webshop button that I hit it 4 or 5 times because it didn't send me anywhere, I didn't think anything of it and just moved onto another website. Then when I sign into my email I had 4 or 5 conformation emails from Hypex! It would seem every time I hit the leave this page button it registered my interest in the replacement cables. Anyway I've not received any cables yet and I thought it might be because of the glitch I encountered. Anyone else have the same problem?

bhakti

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm »
I replied on the first day they were offered and have not received them.  Hopefully, soon!

cab

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2012, 11:28 pm »
They told me they would be sent out the beginning of October to give everyone a chance to register for them.

audio-heaven

« Reply #9 on: 3 Oct 2012, 04:34 pm »
Cheers guys  :green:

mjock3

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2012, 10:40 pm »
My cable came today! Anyone have any idea what the differences are?

Thanks,

Mark

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 2012, 05:20 pm »
My cable came today! Anyone have any idea what the differences are?

Thanks,

Mark
They're better.   :green:

mjock3

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2012, 06:01 pm »
Here what Bruno said: "Since it's wire we're talking about, the difference won't be enormous. But you should notice improved neutrality and reduced granularity in the top octaves."

Mark

jackman

« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2012, 06:40 pm »
Looking forward to hearing comments once you guys install the new cables.  For those with mono-blocks, it would be interesting if anyone can tell the difference in a blind test.  I'm curious because the stock cables are high quality.  I'm going to use the new ones and will also post my observations on the differences.  Since its just me, I don't think I can swing a blind test but will test one side versus the other as soon as the cables are in.

Cheers

Jack

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 23 Oct 2012, 01:23 am »
Looking forward to hearing comments once you guys install the new cables.

Cheers

Jack
+1

bhakti

« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2012, 01:54 am »
Personally, if Bruno, the designer, is willing to spend x+ dollars to "upgrade" at no expense, then I have to think it is an upgrade.  I'm not wasting my 'precious' time doing comparisons.

Really, hats off to hypex, and I'm not a fan boy!

santacore

« Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2012, 03:38 am »
Personally, if Bruno, the designer, is willing to spend x+ dollars to "upgrade" at no expense, then I have to think it is an upgrade.  I'm not wasting my 'precious' time doing comparisons.

Really, hats off to hypex, and I'm not a fan boy!

Agreed!!! If they are making this much effort and spending this much money, I will go with the designers choice.

jackman

« Reply #17 on: 23 Oct 2012, 07:18 pm »
I don't think anyone is questioning whether the change is worth it or not.  It's free and a simple fix, but I don't get the "not wasting my precious time doing comparisons" logic.   If that's the case, just ask Bruno which speakers, source and preamp you should own and be done with it.  Isn't half the fun of this hobby the discovery of what sounds best to you? 

I enjoy doing comparisons, amps, cables, speakers, etc.  It's part of the journey that helps me identify what sounds best to me.  If I like the sound of old cables better, I'll put them back in and be happy with my decision.  Bruno is a very smart guy and I expect the new cables to sound better, but I fully intend to "waste my precious time" comparing one channel to the other and making an objective evaluation.  Since my Ncore amp sounds pretty darn good, I'm not expecting the new wires to sound dramatically different.  There is only one way to find out!

Cheers,

Jack

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2012, 07:20 pm »
I agree Jackman!   :thumb:

cheap-Jack

« Reply #19 on: 23 Oct 2012, 08:04 pm »
Hi.
Just in case anyone did not receive the email. Hypex is offering free, upgraded signal cables to Ncore owners who received the previous version of the cable.

So it is "free" upgrade, not 100% free as you already paid for the old cables.

FYI, Monsitor Cables, USA has offered free LIFETIME upgrade programme for many years now.

c-J