Curious question about Nuprime IDA-16 ...

incognito73

« on: 11 Sep 2016, 10:26 pm »
*** Duplicate post please delete ***
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2016, 06:12 am by incognito73 »

incognito73

« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2016, 10:33 pm »
Hi there,

Just registered here as it seems that Nuprime section is pretty much active, so it was only logical to ask here ... but subject aside, AudioCircle seems like a welcoming retreat for us, HiFi nutters, so hopefully I will stay here for a while.

At the moment, I'm considering the all new IDA-16 integrated as I'm experimenting with the switching amps at the moment. I had a chance to buy second hand Nuforce IA-18 from the pre-Nuprime era and just wondering how IA-18 fairs against the newly developed IDA-16 if we consider purely pre-amp/amp circuit.

Speaking of digital integration ... in particular (and lately) I really favour new age amps with integrated DAC (or streaming) modules and digital hub. They offer such neat set-up (and less box count), really good integration with shortest signal path and future proof operation. Getting everything as separates these days is getting more expensive with questionable sonic gains, as DAC/integration technology progressed a bit over a decade. With such amps, you just plug-in your source (smartphone/streamer) and you are all set! That's the reason why IDA-16 caught my eye ... and after many years of experimenting I'm somewhat certain that such amps are the future lane of HiFi.

At the moment, I have Gato DIA-400 integrated and did experiment with Hypex NC400 and ICE 125ASX2/300ASC DIY modules in the past ... but I'm really curious to examine the Nuprime amps.

Lastly, do you have UK distributor and maybe demo or sale point?
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2016, 06:13 am by incognito73 »

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Curious question about Nuprime IDA-16 ...
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2016, 06:16 pm »
Good, potential UK customer.  If you know of any good UK dealer, please tell them to contact us.

IA-18 is a good amp with the Ref 9V3 amp module, so moving from that to IDA-16 does not offer any big change, just slightly different sound, if you are only considering the amp. But with built-in DAC and preamp, IDA-16 probably could better overall than your IA-18 + external DAC.  I won't recommend it mainly because you already have IA-18. 

Knowing that you are looking for a compact system, I would recommend that you wait for the NuPrime Omnia (it is a DAC+ player + server device) coming out end of the year, and pair it with STA-9 or with IA-18 if you are going to keep it.

In a few more weeks, after we can confirm the production of Omnia, I will start a new topic with Omnia spec. It was in this forum early this year but I took it down after receiving good feedback. Now we can start a fresh topic with confirmed spec.

incognito73

Re: Curious question about Nuprime IDA-16 ...
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2016, 08:38 pm »
Many thanks for the follow up! There are few exemplary dealers here in the UK, so will forward the contact in order of preference.

Maybe my wording was not exact, but when mentioned that I "had a chance" to own IA-18 I was referring that I lost the opportunity to buy it (in s/h market timing is usually crucial) hence I was considering the IDA-16 as compensation route, but it's slim chance to get IDA-16 here in the UK! Nuforce/NuPrime amps are not, simply put, everyday site.

Yes, lately I'm after "relatively" compact digital integration systems. There is really no reason that exemplary amp doesn't include DAC circuit these days. I'm currently auditioning Primare I32 integrated with MM30 media/streaming board and it's rather fine system of such nature, probably best I've heard to date.

Looking forward to review more details about Omnia!