Thumbs up on the RS5 Driver

kbuzz3

Thumbs up on the RS5 Driver
« on: 18 Oct 2015, 03:54 pm »
Ive used a few pairs of original omega narrow super 3s with both the hemp and alnico drivers for years.  Dropped in a new pair of RS5 to a pair yesterday and im smiling......anyone contemplating this, imho cheap upgrade should do so.  While they are not perfect and nothing is, they elevate this monitor to a much "juicer" sound without losing any of the quickness and transparency that are the hallmark of Omegas.  A slightly more "well rounded" sound character was always needed on this speaker and now we have it.

Well done Louis...should have done this a year ago...

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Thumbs up on the RS5 Driver
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2015, 04:54 pm »
Hi kbuzz3,

The RS5 is amazing in all the current 3 series models and clearly better than the 4.5 HempCone it replaces. 

I just got a pair of Super 3U the other day and they are unbelievable, and that's on a very humble front end.  I haven't tried them on my SET front end yet.  Louis discontinued this speaker awhile back because it didn't sell well.  I honestly don't know why it didn't sell because it's one of the best speakers I've ever heard from Louis.  I guess it's because it doesn't look impressive enough with the grill off.  Frankly, I think it looks very cool with the grill off, but that's me.  My first Omega speakers were the Super 5 Monitor (same cabinet) with the 4.5" HempCone and I loved them.

Enjoy!  :thumb: