Nordost QB8 and products of the like....

Sonny

Nordost QB8 and products of the like....
« on: 23 May 2016, 08:00 pm »
All,was wondering what the takes out there from users on power conditioning, etc.  I believe in the power surge protectors, but never so much on conditioning.  There are so many out there, passive and active ones, protectors and filters, etc....

Any opinions in general or specifically about the Nordost QB8?

Thanks

Speedskater

• Kevin
Re: Nordost QB8 and products of the like....
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2016, 08:38 pm »
It should be as good as any well-made outlet strip.

Big Red Machine

Re: Nordost QB8 and products of the like....
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2016, 10:00 pm »
All,was wondering what the takes out there from users on power conditioning, etc.  I believe in the power surge protectors, but never so much on conditioning.  There are so many out there, passive and active ones, protectors and filters, etc....

Any opinions in general or specifically about the Nordost QB8?

Thanks

I've heard it in action and it adds nothing so in my book it was good. The demo with and without footers under this strip convinced me to buy the footers. I use an Audio Magic XXX Stealth and it is awesome. Also have purchased a High Fidelity MC6 but have not tried it yet. I tried and rebuked many a balanced transformer unit and regen units as making the sound sluggish (all brands I tried). I prefer as passive as you can get and the Audio Magic really work for me. Certainly the Nordost is wired properly and while not active in any way may help to clean up some of your particular AC.