Considering a Dedicated Line - Help me think this through

jult52

I have been reading the debates here and on the 'Gon about dedicated power lines.  The state of play is that the vast majority of audiophiles focussed on power issues (and I am one) seem to use dedicated lines if their housing permits.  Yet I have heard the counterargument that power 'pollution' from switching supplies, appliances and other noise sources extends beyond the lines where those supplies are located, into the circuit box and into any dedicated lines that we hopeful audiophiles install.  So a dedicated line would simply relay this noise.

I'm having problems reconciling the positions.  Is the counterargument incorrect?  What am I missing?

electricbear

Re: Considering a Dedicated Line - Help me think this through
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2014, 05:24 pm »
arguments aside, I heard an improvement in my system after running dedicate lines. Noise may have been transmitted from other circuits but it was greatly reduced. Bigger soundstage, lower noise floor and better dynamics. For me it was a very easy thing to do because of the close proximity of the breaker panel. Best $100 I've spent in a long time.

Early B.

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2014, 06:35 pm »
It's a low cost tweak to install a dedicated line. There's no downside I think of, and your electronics are less polluted by other noise sources. Yes, there's still room to scrub noise from a dedicated line, but that's what power conditioners are designed to do.

SteveRB

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:14 pm »
Could one 'audition' a dedicated line by unplugging everything except the hifi from a circuit...?