Update

Shamrock Audio

Update
« on: 21 Feb 2004, 11:00 pm »
Gentlemen,

If there's anything that can destroy one's credibility, it's being in a position of relying on someone else, and they fail to follow through.

Shamrock Audio is in its 11th year of operations. Throughout those 11 years we have served our customers well. We had previously turned down offers of investment for various reasons, not the least of which is the loss of control and direction one risks. However, this time seemed very different. The people involved, as well as the resources they brought to the table, are of a caliber that truly made such a venture viable. We still believe that such a venture would be mutually profitable, and are open to further discussion.

However, due to circumstances that are completely outside our control (and are unknown to us since we can get no response to our inquiries), all communications between us and our potential partners have ceased. While we feel it would be at least courtious to simply state that they were no longer interested and perhaps why, no such communication has been received. We believe that we have given them more than ample time to respond in a professional manner and inform us of their intentions. For whatever reason they have chosen not to do so.

Therefore, Shamrock Audio will continue to provide our customers with outstanding products and superior customer service as we have for 11 years. We had planned an ambitious roll-out of new products over this next year. However, our plans are now more conservative.

First-up - The Eilish

We have held back the Eilish as we waited for word, but now it's time to move forward.  We will begin accepting orders for the Eilish very soon. The regular price will be:

$549 per pair including domestic shipping

We will offer an introductory price of:

$499 per pair for the first 30-days

Second-up - The Keelin

The Keelin is a stand-mounted MTM version of the Eilish. This 4 Ohms speaker is 89db and suitable for small to medium sized rooms. The price for the Keelin is:

$749 per pair including domestic shipping.

We will also offer introductory pricing of:

$699 per pair for the first 30-days.

Both speakers are fully veneered. Both speakers are bi-wireable. Neither come with grills.

This long gestation period has been trying, embarrassing, and downright exasperating at times. We thank you for your patience as we tried to sort all this out.

jkarhan1

Update
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2004, 06:03 am »
Yahoo!  Looking forward to seeing and hearing these new jewels.

Shamrock Audio

Update
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2004, 06:27 pm »
Quote from: jkarhan1
Yahoo!  Looking forward to seeing and hearing these new jewels.

I hope to have some crude pictures to show shortly. I still have descriptions and manuals to write. We've made some changes since I initially posted a picture of them. Also, I don't believe that I've posted a picture of the Keelin yet. :)

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Update
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2004, 12:23 am »
Hi Mike,
When can I send you a check for a pair of Eilish loudspeakers? I've been reserving a spot in my bedroom system for what seems like eternity.
Thanks,
Merle

Shamrock Audio

It's Official...sort of...
« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2004, 10:49 pm »
As of Today we are accepting orders for the Keelin. (The Eilish itself will follow shortly.) As promised, the Keelin is being introduced at $699 through the month of March. April 1st the Keelin goes to its regular price of $749 per pair. You may chose from oak, cherry, or walnut veneers.

While not listed on our web site, the keelin may be ordered through our secure online ordering system. (I'll have that set up before the end of the day.)

http://shamrockaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Stay tuned...

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Update
« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2004, 04:04 pm »
Hi Mike,
I placed an order for a pair of Keelin's this morning. [Oak!] I would love to see a picture of them if you have one availible.
Thanks,
Merle

Shamrock Audio

Update
« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2004, 04:05 pm »
Quote from: Merle
Hi Mike,
I placed an order for a pair of Keelin's this morning. [Oak!] I would love to see a picture of them if you have one availible.
Thanks,
Merle

Hi Merle,

Thanks for your order. I appreciate your support!

I don't have pics yet for you. All I have are a couple of very ugly prototype pics that aren't representative of the speaker.

The cabinets are 20.5" tall, 7" wide, and about 12" deep. They're nicely finished on all six sides. Since you've purchased from us before, you know what to expect from us. I plan on taking pictures of your speakers before we ship them anyway. :)

Best regards,

Merle

Update
« Reply #7 on: 8 Mar 2004, 08:31 pm »
Hi Mike,
Not to bug you, but I was wondering if you have an estimate of when I'll see the new speakers? Also, I saw where you posted the dimensions, do you have a freq. range that the speakers will cover? Can't wait to see them!
Thanks,
Merle

Shamrock Audio

Update
« Reply #8 on: 8 Mar 2004, 10:52 pm »
Quote from: Merle
Hi Mike,
Not to bug you, but I was wondering if you have an estimate of when I'll see the new speakers? Also, I saw where you posted the dimensions, do you have a freq. range that the speakers will cover? Can't wait to see them!
Thanks,
Merle

Hi Merle,

Don't ever worry about "bugging" me. I am always available, even if sometimes distracted.  :)

Your cabinets are complete and were stained this morning. We're waiting a day for them to dry/outgas before applying the finish. That will happen over the next couple of days as we apply several coats of lacquer. I expect to ship them out around the middle of next week. The humidity is high around here right now and finish work takes longer to do right. I could take a picture of the empty cabinets and send it to you if you wish, even though there's no finish on them yet.

The Keelin is -3db at about 45Hz and is 89db.

While certainly not in the same league as the Eire, the Keelin is proving itself to be a very good performer in it's own right. As I continue to listen to it over time - something I find tends to expose a speaker's faults - I find the Keelin to be quite enjoyable. No, it doesn't have the extension or powerful bass of the Eire, but then it's about 1/3 the price.

Anyway, back to work...

Merle

Update
« Reply #9 on: 9 Mar 2004, 12:49 pm »
Wow! That's great! I wasn't expecting them that soon. After I've had them awhile, I'll post my thoughts here.