Idiot beginner mechanical problem no. 4 - rotary switches

oldblues

Yep, I dealt with the first 3 myself, for better or wurst. But, the rotary switch I feel like I'm missing something. First there's the post being so long. At first I thought maybe it was a removable sleeve or something! I guess you must cut it off. But, what's the order of nuts and washers? There's only one nut. Shouldn't you need one on both sides of the panel? What is the meaning of the little round post?

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
Re: Idiot beginner mechanical problem no. 4 - rotary switches
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2007, 07:01 am »
I forget already, been so long since I built one of these.  Ok, I'm assuming you mean BUGLE PRO.  I believe the little knob on the rotary switch must be clipped off.  Use a razor or something.

Now, the order is the lock ring (with the right angle tab) goes first.  Set it to "6" positions.  This keeps the switch from rotating forever.  Then it goes flush to panel.  Then washer, then nut.  We're not done.  Now you cut shaft to about 1/2 inch length.  Rotate into a position you know and apply knob.  Try it out, make sure pointer on knob is correct.

My apologies for not such a good assembly manual.  The BUGPRO was an afterthought product.  The boards were not made to fit perfectly snug, etc.  The OBOE is a good example of how it should have been done.  Same for RIPPER.

jh