Really deep bass CD's needed

2gumby2

Re: Really deep bass CD's needed
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jul 2009, 02:42 pm »
I'm also a fan of Sunn O))). It's the most extreme bass I have ever experienced. If your system can't get down to at least 20Hz, you won't know what your missing. This type of music isn't for everyone, but I dig it and it'll give your subwoofers a serious workout. I recommend the White 1 and White 2 albums, but I like all their music. There's another band called Weedeater, also on the Southern Lord label that has some good bass tracks. The name of that album is Godluck and Goodspeed. I would consider them in the Stoner Rock genre.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #41 on: 12 Jul 2009, 02:53 pm »

Great bass stuff here.  :thumb:

Ohhh Yeeaah

dflee

« Reply #42 on: 12 Jul 2009, 03:13 pm »
One of my favorite albums for deep bass (double) is "Skip, Hop and Wobble" with Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg and Edgar Meyer. The second tune has a section of slap bass that is an incredible work out for any speaker. Harmonics of the dobro are something to hear.
Edgar Meyer also did a live album with Bela Fleck worth a try.

Don

flintstone

« Reply #43 on: 12 Jul 2009, 04:05 pm »
Some strong bass in this from "Archetribe"

http://www.amazon.com/Earthtones-Archetribe/dp/B00005UCBK

K Shep

« Reply #44 on: 13 Jul 2009, 01:31 am »
And now for something completely different.  Uberzone is electronic, not for everyone, but this is great CD and the recording quality is exceptional.

http://www.amazon.com/Ideology-%C3%9Cberzone/dp/B000TGGJRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247448416&sr=1-1

Big Red Machine

« Reply #45 on: 13 Jul 2009, 01:38 am »
You guys are costing me money!! :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #46 on: 13 Jul 2009, 02:02 am »
Well Big Red, good thing I just sent you some money. Don't spend it all on deep bass CDs. Or heck, go ahead and spend it on bass CDs. They are a durn worthy cause.  :D