just finished my piccolo!

alpa6

just finished my piccolo!
« on: 26 Jul 2008, 03:00 am »
Ive finished my latest creation a piccolo.I added auricaps but otherwise its stock.Its a really great unit/I cant hear any degradation by adding a extra stage to my cornet 2.
I have several questions.If i only use batteries is there a off switch?Must i pull all 4 batteries to turn it off?
I also used the correct part numbers but was sent a 5 position switch for the loading of the cart.I think i was sent the at first a 6 position switch.Same part number though.If i lost one loading option did i lose the first option or the last one?

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
Re: just finished my piccolo!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2008, 06:52 am »
If you build it without the added jumper, then there is an OFF position.  There are no 5 position switches.  The lock ring probably moved on you, take it out and rotate to the "6" position.

jh

alpa6

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2008, 03:17 pm »
Hi jim just so you know digikey is sending out switches that are supposed to be 6 position but they say 5 on the bag.My supposed 4 position switch is a 3 position switch so i have no off switch.Ill try moveing the ring inside it.I hope that fix's the problem.

alpa6

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2008, 02:40 pm »
Just so someone else might know.The ring is right on top of the selector switch.Pry it out move it over one slot and whammo you have more options.I did this to both and now have a 6 position switch and a 4 position switch.I mistakenly opened up the switch itself thinking it might be inside.Its on the outside on top.