FS: Mutec MC-3+ USB Master Clock >>>Sold

doggie

FS: Mutec MC-3+ USB Master Clock >>>Sold
« on: 8 May 2023, 10:14 pm »
>>>SOLD

Selling my Mutec 3+ USB master clock/reclocker.

If you are reading this you probably already know what this "swiss army knife" can do. If not, then please go to the Mutec web site for an in-depth description..

https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php

I have been using it to re-clock the USB output from various endpoints to feed into my DAC. I have simplified my system to the point that I can no longer justify keeping it. It has a number of different inputs and outputs that can be used to improve the output of most audiophile and AV devices.

It has been modified to remove the SMPS internal power supply. It was replaced with a very high quality linear voltage regulator to take an input of ~7 volts DC to provide a very quiet and accurate 6 volts. You will need a ~7 volt DC supply to run it as the regulator itself eats about 1v to work. I used the adjustable output from a high quality Hypex external PS to provide the DC input. I would not use much more that 7v DC to power it.

To be clear you will need an external DC power supply to use it. I will include a cable that terminates for a Hypex PS but can easily be modified for another 7v DC PS.

The cost of the unit has risen to over $1600 new. I am asking $295 plus shipping and will cover PayPal.

« Last Edit: 10 May 2023, 12:02 am by doggie »

hicr49

Re: FS: Mutec MC-3+ USB Master Clock
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2023, 04:47 pm »
PM sent