Hark! What Buss is this??!!

arthurs

Hark! What Buss is this??!!
« on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:32 am »
Took delivery of these today.  Uber plus kitchen sink of all that Dave has up his sleeve...IEC's and the business end both hardwired into the Buss with cords Dave let it all hang out on....different implemtations for front end gear and amps...each amp has a Buss to itself...front end gear each has its own hardwired IEC plus a spare duplex for when you guys bring gear over to loan me....Furutech all around, including new Furutech Gold outlets in the wall...build quality out the wazoo...I'll leave the techincal talk to Dave and be back this weekend to share some thoughts on how they sound! 

Behold the ArtBuss.....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Hark! What Buss is this??!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:50 am »
My 1st thought is are those power cord Daves or were they outsourced? But looking that them gems makes me wish mine had been done like that. Only my 2400watt BPT is plugged into the Uber's Oyaide duplex that could have been bypassed.

Afterthoughts,,,, I gotta million of them.  :lol:  But just having the Uber ain't 1 of them, I look forward to your insights Arthurs.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 02:59 am by satfrat »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:51 am »
Interesting new ArtBuss.   Welcome to the Buss!  :thumb:

highfilter

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2011, 02:21 am »
Dave is 100% machine. He never stops working, and he has new, custom products pushed out all the time. What a guy.

Enjoy!!!  :thumb:

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2011, 02:49 am »
Dave is 100% machine. He never stops working, and he has new, custom products pushed out all the time. What a guy.

Amen.   :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2011, 03:11 am »
Thanks, everyone.

I love what I do, do what I think is right and I doth protest too much, methinks.  Thankfully I have friends that will take their time to remind me what life is all about and my place within.  I have great customers, many who have become friends.  I am very grateful for you all.

I'm looking forward to your take on the performance in your system, Art  :D

Dave

Phil

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:38 am »
 :thumb:   Looks great.  Isolating each component is the way to go.  My amp is fed by a Majik and the source is fed by balanced power followed by a Gizmo (smaller, I think, than these maxed out versions and without the cord to the component).

At any rate, the Gizmo -- isolating the source from the amp (fed by their own dedicated outlets) -- made a huge difference.  Looking forward to reading about these maxed out units. 

I did find that break-in took quite a while to sound optimal but worth the wait.  I hadn't really heard what my equipment could do.  Power conditioning is the magic bullet. 

Phil

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2011, 11:38 am »
What about explaining what they are. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2011, 02:39 pm »
What about explaining what they are.
OK.

The ArtBUSSes are two different units.  They are similar to the RevB and UberBUSS units, but with different cores and PFC networks than either.  They also incorporate a new (to me, at least) blend of materials for EMI/RFI absorption like is used in the MacSandwich (the goo).  Both are hardwired, but with different gauge cables and the cable lengths are tailored to the positions of all of Art's gear.  I am going to be very interested in how the different length cables to the amps work out.  You know me: I'm all about symmetry.

The AB's for the amps have cores a little bit bigger than a RevB, but larger PFC networks than an Uber.  Power cabling is a little bit larger than standard 10 AWG - Furutech FI-25(G) and FI-25M(G) connectors.  Plugs into Furutech FP-15A receptacles on dedicated circuits.

The AB for his front end usage has dedicated, individual ~ 14 gauge power cables with the same plug/receptacle/circuit configuration, but the cable construction is different for his digital source and his analog preamp.  The EMI/RFI core is bigger than in an Uber.  The PFC network is completely different from anything to date.  This unit also uses goo.  He also has MajikPacks on the way to try.  With everything that I've done inside I'm not sure they will help.  Like he said, the additional Furutech receptacle is there for playing with new toys.

The power cables are all helically wound 7-nines copper around the low mass, damped flexible core that I use and are of course cryoed like all my products.

Art is the big guinea pig (and I mean BIG! TALL dude) for this particular evolution of my products.  He has been very patient as I waded through the development and happenings of the last couple of months getting these to him.  Development, testing and measurement takes a lot of time. especially when tiny  incremental improvements are being made.  I'm sure that everything in there is good and will be integrated into the next generation BUSS that I have in development.

I have been incredibly busy with new things since last November.  Some worked out really well and some were dismal failures, even when all of the conventional wisdom said they should work.  I hacve some very cool things in the works to be revealed after AXPONA. 

These should kick butt in Arts system.  Only time will tell.   :D

Dave 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2011, 03:54 pm »
He also has MajikPacks on the way to try. 
What's that?
will be integrated into the next generation BUSS that I have in development.
Will these be at Axpona?  When will they be released?  Can previous units be updated? 

I have some very cool things in the works to be revealed after AXPONA. 
Any clues?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:19 pm »

Art is the big guinea pig (and I mean BIG! TALL dude) 

At least I'm better looking! :o

Very cool stuff guys.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:21 pm »
What's that?Will these be at Axpona?  When will they be released?  Can previous units be updated? 
Any clues?
MajikPacks are small mass loaded EMI/Rfi absorbers that can be used in a variety of ways.  I got the name of these guys from you   :thumb:  More details on these next week.

I am working furiously to get a major new product ready to unveil at AXPONA.. That is all I can say right now.

The new gen BUSS is a full blown ballztothewall, full boogie, no holds barred (I think that is plenty of adjectives  :lol: ) sooperdooper(!!) BUSS that incorporates what I have learned in the last development frenzy.  They will not be inexpensive and will have Furutech FI-33(G) inlets and 3 of the Furutech FP-15AN(G) receptacles.  I will have a special power cable specific to this unit and it only be sold with this cable.  There will be an option to have the cable hardwired to the NewBUSS (BigBuckBUSS? - whatever) at no additional charge and the cable will be the customer's choice of lengths from 1.5 - 2.5 meters at the same price which is projected to be ~ $2500.00.  I am in a decision making process of what the cabinetry will be like.  My current thinking is a no cost choice of VHQ paint and some hardwoods.  I am open to suggestions here. 

I have been developing this BUSS because of all of the custom units that I have built that are similar and because of the demand for an upscale unit.  As with all of my products, I want this to be the best value possible for the $$$.

More details will follow.

There are some other things I'm not talking about right now.

How's that?    :eyebrows:

Dave
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 06:59 pm by dBe »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:22 pm »

Very cool stuff guys.
Between you two you could be an entire defensive line I think   :rotflmao:

Dave

arthurs

« Reply #13 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:23 pm »

Very cool stuff guys.

That's a pretty low standard for good looking Pete!   :lol: :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 16 Mar 2011, 05:15 pm »
That's a pretty low standard for good looking Pete!   :lol: :thumb:
You guys KILL me!!!

:thumb:

Dave

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 2011, 06:38 am »
Congratulations they look sensational, I really, really appreciate that Dave is very open to custom make special requests.

arthurs

« Reply #16 on: 25 Mar 2011, 01:36 am »
I really haven't formed a long version of feedback yet, but will in the next few days.  Just wanted to drop in and say these things are friggin fantastic!

More to come...

Big Red Machine

« Reply #17 on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:56 pm »
So Art, any comments on the sound?  Was there a review elsewhere that I missed?

Also, what I'd like to know is if you had any noise issues that the Busses resolved?