Relationship between Vista Audio and Trafomatic?

DavidS

Relationship between Vista Audio and Trafomatic?
« on: 31 Dec 2008, 02:24 am »
see in a post below a reference to Trafomatic headphone amp but on Vista site only vista amps.  I have probably missed this but was thinking Vista and Trafomatic are related or even the same thing?  Trafomatic amps getting some nice reviews this year.

David

cryoparts

Re: Relationship between Vista Audio and Trafomatic?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2008, 02:42 am »
I'm not Boris, but I know he imports the Trafomatic gear.  He may have a further relationship with them as well, I don't know, I'm sure he'll clarify when he checks in.

FYI--The headphone amp you mention below is getting better by the hour.  I have about 30 hours on it now and it is really starting to open up and bloom.  Very nice piece of kit!

Peace,

Lee

see in a post below a reference to Trafomatic headphone amp but on Vista site only vista amps.  I have probably missed this but was thinking Vista and Trafomatic are related or even the same thing?  Trafomatic amps getting some nice reviews this year.

David

wilsynet

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2008, 04:19 am »
According to the 6moons review of the Trafomatic Experience One, regarding Trafomatic:

"New York firm Engineering Vista is their New World marketing arm and, among other services, offers amplifier kits using Trafomatic transformers and chokes. Their offshoot Vista Audio under the auspices of Boris Sasic markets a branded 15wpc integrated push/pull EL84 amplifier called model i84 with Trafomatic iron."

Excerpt from:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/trafomatic/experience.html

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2009, 04:06 am »
I'm sure Boris will jump in but, all of Vista Audio's
transformers are Trafomatic. It might be a relative to Mr. B. that works at Trafomatic?
I notice the same names on the "Serbian tour" thread.

D

Audiovista

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2009, 01:49 am »
You are all correct!  :)

A little history..... I stumbled upon Trafomatic accidentally while looking for a Chinese custom magnetics company for a power electronics job I was working on at the time. In one of my searches they popped out, and being from my native country I got in contact. They proved responsive and designed an excellent transformer for a high power battery charger that I was developing. Later, during my visit, we met and it turned out that we share common interests and very similar business philosophy and ethics (and many a deal was made by a simple handshake or, these days, a phone call, SMS message or email).

Now, at the beginning of the 5th year of cooperation, our relationship is multifaceted:

1. ENG Vista, Inc. (est. 2000) and Trafomatic, LTD. (est. 1997) are two separate, independently owned companies.

2. ENG Vista represents Trafomatic.

3. ENG Vista does an occasional consulting job for Trafomatic.

4. ENG Vista owns the Vista-Audio brand.

5. Vista-Audio uses custom magnetics made by Trafomatic exclusively for us.

It's been a fun ride so far, and it will continue to be - we never forget that our customers and vendors are our biggest supporters. Both companies are going through the current economic turmoil with strong balance sheets and we vigorously invest in new programs.

Boris