Poll

Are you?

Yes, unequivicolly
Pretty much - only one upgrade away
Meh
No
What is a system?

Shout out - Who is happy with their systems?

Phil A

Re: Shout out - Who is happy with their systems?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:07 pm »
I'm very happy with all my systems.  I just made a change (new amp) in the main system and may swap a component with the bedroom system for convenience.  I also have a basement and office system and I'm thrilled with all of them.  Might do some upgrades at some point in the next year or two like a new projector and/or new universal player in the basement system or new surrounds in the office system.  None of them are critical or something that I am desparate to do but if the time and component is right then why not.  I actually never thought I've have a system of the level I have in the main system.

SoundGame

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:11 pm »
Yes - I'm very happy with where my system has been going, especially with my recent upgrade to a Bryston BP6 and 4B-SST2 combination.  Sources are fine but I need to step up my speakers to match - so that's my next upgrade path.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:21 pm »
Over all, I am very happy with my system, from the wall outlet to the speakers. I do need to upgrade my speaker cables and will be doing some comparison tests this summer to find a good match.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:40 pm »
Salk SongTowers feed by Flac files via AVA Ultravalve Amp, Insight + Pre-Amp.....and HRT Music Streamer ii USB DAC...wonderful sound, very happy!

Alex

bummrush

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:53 pm »
Very happy no changes in a year and none coming up

Gopher

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2011, 05:00 pm »
I went from ecstatic to unhappy with the re-organizing of a room. 

I'm working on treating my living room now to try to be happy again.

mgalusha

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2011, 05:16 pm »
Extremely happy with the system and if I could never change it again that would be great, it sucks me into the music and surprises me on a regular basis.

That said, I very much like tinkering with stuff and can say without reservation that I enjoy trying new things as a hobby and outlet for my thoughts. However if I had to chose the answer is simple, I *MUST* have music but it's *nice* to have an electronic erector set. Must wins over nice every time.

Eric

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jun 2011, 05:23 pm »
I am, through always really to hear something new

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2011, 05:27 pm »
Extremely happy with the system and if I could never change it again that would be great, it sucks me into the music and surprises me on a regular basis.

That said, I very much like tinkering with stuff and can say without reservation that I enjoy trying new things as a hobby and outlet for my thoughts. However if I had to chose the answer is simple, I *MUST* have music but it's *nice* to have an electronic erector set. Must wins over nice every time.

Couldn't have said it better myself; however, I got to "extremely happy" only a month ago or so, with the addition of a new DAC (Antelope Gold), PM 1.8 and a recabling/reworking of my system.  Now, it's all tinkering and adding new hirez stuff from my newfound SACD DSD ripping process.  I may try going from my Macbook SSD server to a MAc Mini, but only if I lose no ground.

geowak

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2011, 05:42 pm »
DAC- very happy
CD player- very happy
Turntable- don't want one
Music server- happy, not thrilled
Itunes- very happy
Preamp- probably will not get one
Amp- very happy, but would get more powerful one if won lotto
Speakers- need to upgrade
Speaker cables- need better ones
Power conditioning- need it!

Home theater receiver- happy but need to get external amp/bigger transformer
Home theater speakers/sub- very happy
TV- need a BIGGER ONE! Who does'nt

soundbitten1

« Reply #30 on: 16 Jun 2011, 08:28 pm »
Yes in my main system. I don't see any upgrades in the near future. I have 4 other systems that satisfies my urge to fiddle around with and swap out components.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

SET Man

« Reply #32 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:23 am »
Hey!

Well, my system haven't change much for couple of years now. So, I guess I'm pretty happy with it.

As a DIYer sometime I tend to do small mod and etc. Nothing major like changing my speaker or amps and etc. But lately after I changed something I had to changed it back to the way it was. One my AC member here of whom have heard my system many times say I should stop tinker with it now. And you know what? I now have to agreed with him :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: 

TONEPUB

« Reply #33 on: 17 Jun 2011, 06:22 am »
Very happy. Someday I'd like a ClearAudio Goldfinger, but other than that.....

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #34 on: 17 Jun 2011, 11:06 am »
Yep, very happy with the system. I still make changes but it's just a case of trying a component I'm curious about. Right now I have five pairs of speakers that get switched in and out. I could be happy listening to music on any one of them.

pslate

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jun 2011, 01:04 pm »
I'm happy with my system, just unhappy with my space :lol: Ahh, the pitfalls of living in a big city.

fsimms

« Reply #36 on: 17 Jun 2011, 02:55 pm »
Yes.  I recently finished with a six year upgrade plan.  It worked out better that I had hoped! Still finalizing speaker position though.

Bob

Zero

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jun 2011, 03:18 pm »
I gotta say, this is the happiest group of audiophiles that I've ever seen (in one place, at one time).   :thumb:

bacobits1

« Reply #38 on: 17 Jun 2011, 03:33 pm »
Yup, happy here.

D

HT cOz

« Reply #39 on: 17 Jun 2011, 07:45 pm »
I'm happy but still want to improve on certain aspects of my system. I don't like moving wires around so I want HT Bypass. That's a pretty happy Audiophile.