MLB

sts9fan

MLB
« on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:40 pm »
How's your team doin?  I generally hate interleauge play but it is nice to see some different faces. 

GO SOX!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: MLB
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:02 pm »
Here in St. Louis, we always look forward to it.  It's usually a few 'easy' wins when we have to play the Royals. 

I just wish the 2 leagues would agree on how to play the game (DH vs not).

Bryan

sts9fan

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:03 pm »

I agree just pick one.  I don't care which. 

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2009, 09:23 pm »

I agree just pick one.  I don't care which.

I agree with you guys, but it simply won't happen.

The union won't give up the high paying DH role and the owners don't want more high paying DH roles.

As for my team...not doing nearly as well in interleague play as expected.  Losing two out of three to both the Marlins and Nationals is painful!!  I hope that we can take four out of six from the Braves/Mets this week.

George

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2009, 01:11 am »
How's your team doin?  I generally hate interleauge play but it is nice to see some different faces. 

GO SOX!

The Dodgers are doin' pretty fair so far, all other teams considered. 8)   Nice +85 run differential going for 'em, too.

The next three games are in Chicago to see those other Sox. Should be fun!

Go Dodgers,
Jerry

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2009, 01:09 pm »
I know it will never happen but one can hope.  Sox at the Nats tonight should be interesting.  I know very little about the team.  Not very good I think...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2009, 02:00 pm »
I will be at all three games.  The Nationals have 3 young pitchers lined up who all pitched great on last outing -- 2 out of 3 from the Yankees.  The Nats have talent.  So I hope the Sox don't come in expecting the games to be handed to them on a silver platter.  Smoltzy on Thursday should be good to see.

rydenfan

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2009, 03:38 pm »
As for my team...not doing nearly as well in interleague play as expected.  Losing two out of three to both the Marlins and Nationals is painful!!  I hope that we can take four out of six from the Braves/Mets this week.

George

Hopefully we can drop another 9th inning popup for you  :duh:

sts9fan

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2009, 01:52 pm »
I switched channels for a second yesterday and a close game became a blowout.  Nice offense by the Sox.
Question: When are the Yanks going to bench Wang?
Answer: Hopefully never :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2009, 02:17 pm »
NatsTown was overtaken by the Red Sox Nation.  It was a tight game until the Nationals went to their Chihuahua-pen.  Then it was over.  You can tell the Nationals are not used to large crowd.  Not all the vending stations were open and, worst of all, the opened ones were not fully staffed.  There were some long lines but then it was the largest crowd to date.  There were more Red Sox fans than the Nationals fans especially in the upper deck sections that went on sale after various full and partial season packages were sold.  There were lots of families with mixed allegiances.  It was a really nice atmosphere with a lot of kids since the school is out and they ran a free T-shirt promotion.  Anyway, I sat with the well behaved Washingtonite citizens of the Nation and missed the bussed in Chowderheads.  For the first time at a Red Sox game, I did not have any drunk Sox fan yelling Yankees Suck within earshot.  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2009, 02:22 pm »
Yeah, but just because the crowd behaved itself doesn't mean the Yankees don't still suck.
 :lol: :thumb:

twitch54

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2009, 07:30 pm »
How about that "Flyin' Hawian", way to go Victorino....Phillies 3...'RedLegs' 2 !!! What a beautifull July nite it was last nite @ Citizens Bank park.