Greetings, and a question about satellite speakers

apspr

Hi--

I'm a satisfied 938 owner who just found the forum-- very happy to see so many devotees of these great speakers.  Funnily enough, like a couple of other posters, I've also been using the DK Design integrated to run them. 

But that's about to change as I am going multichannel.  I was contemplating the Hyperion bookshelf and center speakers-- has anyone heard them or used them?  Are they as high in quality as the 938s themselves?

If you are using other satellites, I'd love to know what they are, and what you think of them.

Thanks very much--

Tim Newcomb

Dracule1

• Facilitator
Re: Greetings, and a question about satellite speakers
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2008, 03:30 pm »
Welcome!  I have heard the sats which have the same house sound.  The mids are excellent almost like the 938 but the treble is brighter and not as refined.

apspr

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2008, 04:34 pm »
Hi Dracule,

Thanks for your reply, and for creating the forum.  Despite its lack of recent activity, I've gotten a lot from it -- like the Isonodes!

Let me ask you a follow-up-- what is the best way to actually talk to someone at Hyperion -- like Albert Wu?  When I have called the corporate numbers I get a clerical person, and have never been contacted in reply by anyone.  I have a question about a 938 replacement part, and also about how to get a center and sat speakers.

Thanks for any help--

Tim

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2008, 04:36 am »
Have you tried emailing Albert?  I usually call their NJ number and leave a message for Albert.  Albert are you reading this?  Try starting a thread pinging Albert on this Forum.