HT bypass questions w/dual subwoofer intergration

Andrew JC

HT bypass questions w/dual subwoofer intergration
« on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:45 pm »
I did read some of the older threads and figured out cabling for adding a preamp to an existing HT setup. However, I stuck on a couple issues. If I set the new preamp in passive mode (volume turned up high) I have to be careful switching between systems because me or someone else could damage the system?

Next big issue is integrating subs into new preamp. I'm thinking running RCA cable from output in the preamp,  Y-cable to the High Pass output in the sub. Then I could adjust the volume and crossover to blend them with the main speakers.   I would still have a RCA cable running from the AV receiver to the LFE input in the subs. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Andy

drummermitchell

Re: HT bypass questions w/dual subwoofer intergration
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2020, 04:54 pm »
My vac pre has the HT bypass but have never used it.
Your question preamp to subs that would be the way I do mine...Y out from pre out to input on sub.
I’m not using both pre outs to subs(just one)then I daisy chain the second sub from the first sub.
Subs are the svs sb-16s.
For the movie side I use a switch box for switching between two channel and 5.1.
Years ago I always had to switch cable inputs when going from one to the other.
I believe it’s a Kramer switch box.
Should add I use rcas for the movie side and balanced xlr s for two channel analog.
My 16s take both types of cabling.

Andrew JC

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:18 pm »
My subs are SVS SB12-NSD.  I'm looking at is the Schiit Audio Freya+, Schiit Saga+, and Parasound NewClassic 200 pre.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2020, 10:44 pm by Andrew JC »

Andrew JC

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2020, 10:29 pm »
Talked myself out of a stereo preamp for now. Picked this up instead https://www.darlingtonlabs.com/shop/p/product-name-3-4hwle