Sonic differences between the Jolida JD-100 and MF Ram cdp

eric the red

Bill-What are the sonic differences between the two players? I'm kind of surprised that you are offering the modded CD-25 and the Jolida cdps for very near each other in price. How would somebody choose between the two? Thanks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sonic differences between the Jolida JD-100 and MF Ram cdp
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2003, 04:53 am »
What are the sonic differences between the two players?

Well, this is tough as I am a Jolida dealer also and find the JD100 to also be an exceptional player.
  What I am about to write is why we dicided to go with the design and theory used in the RAM CD.

Other players and/or amplifiers (same basic idea used in the RAM Signature Hybrid amplifiers) that use 12AX7 or other higher gain signal tubes require feedback. Feedback can cause noise, audible noise, in a system. Especially in a high resolution system.
  The RAM CD utilizes the 5687 tube. This tubes allows the removal of all feedback as well as being able to run in Class A, thus given a quieter background and lower noise floor.

The RAM CD player is extreamly quite with a black background allowing all the fine nuances of the music to shine through, even on those extreamly quite passages. The inner detail found with this unit has been compared with that of players costing several times it's price. This player is also very smooth, smoother than the many high end players I have listened to in the past. Absolutely no signs of harshness or fatigue.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions and concerns.