Omega's at Decfest?

beowulf

Omega's at Decfest?
« on: 22 Aug 2016, 09:00 pm »
I was surfing the Decware site and Steve Deckert made an interesting post that he has upped the performance level of the Zen Triode stereo amp by making new mono blocks using the UFO transformers.  They are using the new(ish) UFO transformers, with an OD3 VR150 regulation tube and now outputting 3 watts instead of the 2 watts for the stereo version. 

A little towards the bottom he mentioned he will be using Omega's best drivers (I'm assuming Omega's AlNiCo drivers, but have yet to hear Steve clarify) in his corner horns and demo'ing the Omega drivers with the new Zen Triode mono blocks @ 3 watts each.  The synergy of Omega and Decware are quite legendary IMO and if I didn't know any better, it seems like Louis and Steve got together over a beer (or 2) and designed their products to be used with each other's in mind.

Should be a great pairing if anyone can make it out to Peoria!

mrvco

Re: Omega's at Decfest?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2016, 10:37 pm »
Very interesting... his post reads like he'll also rev the stereo model to this new configuration as well.  Or that may just be me reading what I want to hear :scratch:

Louis O

Re: Omega's at Decfest?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2016, 10:27 pm »
Hi beowulf, and mrvco,

Thanks for the posts and you're right about the amps and the drivers. Steve has a set of Alnico in his corner horns and he will be showing them off at the Decfest. From what I hear the synergy and the sound is spectacular.

The synergy is fantastic with pretty much any pairing and I'm sending a set of 1.5 RS5 based towers. Working on the production version now and will post pictures of it here. The final version of the monitor RS5 based 1.5 is almost done and will post that one first.

If you like the look of the SUPER ALNICO HIGH OUTPUT 1.5 the RS5 tower version looks like its baby brother.

Thanks again,
Louis