Coming soon.....

Beatlebum

Coming soon.....
« on: 13 Jul 2016, 02:54 pm »

FireGuy

Re: Coming soon.....
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2016, 02:58 pm »
Gorgeous design and presentation.  The also appear to have a similar "physique" to that of the discontinued Hoyt Bedford Type 1's.

Beatlebum

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2016, 03:16 pm »
Alnico 1.5 monitors.

I'll let Louis provide the particulars.

syzygy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2016, 04:53 pm »
Wow.

Rkjester

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2016, 05:24 pm »
If they sound 1/2 as good as they look, you're in for a real treat.  Congrats!

Sense63

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2016, 06:11 pm »
Gorgeous looking speakers!  I'm sure you'll spend many hours enjoying music with them.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2016, 07:24 pm by Sense63 »

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2016, 02:31 pm »
Exciting!  Do you know the dimensions?

...Peter

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2016, 03:57 pm »
Wow, they look great to me too!  Want to know more.

...Jeff

Beatlebum

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2016, 05:43 pm »
Dimensions are 24" high X 10" wide X 14" deep. Dual 6.5" Alnico drivers. Efficiency somewhere in the upper 90's range.

recarcar

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2016, 06:40 pm »
 :o :thumb:

they look great!

slefley

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2016, 06:58 pm »
Both of these new products look fantastic.  I have the Super 3i in my 2nd system and have been thinking about a Alnico model for my main system.  Other than appearance, is there reason to choose the monitor over the floor standing version?

Louis O

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2016, 02:00 am »
Hi Beatlebum,

Many thanks for posting the pictures of the new HO SAM 1.5's. They really came out great and sound terrific. The custom Skylans look really cool with the wide post spread. Being a 2 post the price is $340 a great deal.

I'll have more pictures up soon.
You have the dimensions right and they are 99dB sensitive.

You should be getting them any day now and it was great working with you.

Hi FireGuy,

Many thanks and I appreciate your kind words. I like the look a lot and close to the Hoyt's in height and width, but 14" deep.
The stand started off as a center channel 2 post that I turned sideways to the narrow side. Worked out great.

Hi syzygy, Rkjester,

Thanks and hope to have more models with soon with the 1.5 way format.

Hi Sense63,

Thanks and almost the same footprint as your towers. The narrow and deep format looks so good with the dual driver setup.

Hi pstrisik,

Thanks and Beatlebum is correct the dimensions are 24" high X 10" wide X 14" deep.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks and lots more coming soon.

Hi recarcar,

Many thanks.

Hi slefley,

Thanks and going forward the 1.5's will have the same look. I'm working on the Super 3 version and I'm very happy how the cabinet came out.
Great to hear about the Alnico. Both the monitor 1.5 and floorstander 1.5 models are similar. The Floorstander with the larger cabinet volume and tuning will have stronger bass.

Thanks again,
Louis

mrvco

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2016, 02:23 am »
Those look great.  Other than price, is there any reason not to go with the 1.5's over the 1.0's?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2016, 05:04 am »
Those look great.  Other than price, is there any reason not to go with the 1.5's over the 1.0's?

At least for now, I would presume impedance.  The single driver speakers are an 8-ohm load, the dual driver models are 4-ohm, so if your amp doesn't play nice (or plays nicer) at a lower load impedance, it might help make the decision for you if the other capabilities of the speaker don't sway your decision.

For that reason, I hope the question that got brought up in the thread for the floor standers is seeing some behind the scenes motion in developing 16-ohm versions of the omega drivers to give folks even more opportunities for amp choices to pair with these speakers.

I was also wondering after reading the thread about the floor standers, now that a coil has been brought on board and seems to work okay, are there any thoughts to looking in to simple passive filters on the upper driver to further refine the output, or is the goal going to remain sticking exclusively with addressing challenges with driver parameters and cabinet tuning alone?

Louis, I very much agree that these new models are very nice looking!  Any thoughts on roundovers on the front baffles or due to the rest of the designs is there no real difference between adding them and the currently squared off edges?

milford3

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2016, 05:41 pm »
Gorgeous design and presentation.  The also appear to have a similar "physique" to that of the discontinued Hoyt Bedford Type 1's.

Wow!  They do look like my Hoyt Bedford Type 1.  I would give my right (or left) arm to hear these speakers.  Louis, I don't know how you do it but PLEASE don't stop with your designs.  :thumb:

Beatlebum

« Reply #15 on: 3 Sep 2016, 06:22 pm »
These Omega Alnico 1.5 monitors continue to amaze me with their coherency, speed, naturalness and honesty to the source. Honestly...these are my favorite  speakers of all the ones I've owned. Bravo Louis!

Some pics for your viewing...

dspringham

« Reply #16 on: 3 Sep 2016, 06:32 pm »
Love the look of those Omega's.

Did you list your Harbeth SHL5+ system to go with this? If so, care to elaborate?

Beatlebum

« Reply #17 on: 3 Sep 2016, 06:40 pm »
Yes I sold the Harbeth's soon after getting the Omegas. No real issues with the Harbeths at all. They are very pretty speakers to look at and listen to but they tend to make music sound kinda the same-ish if that makes sense. In other words, they are beautiful sounding for sure but lack the honesty of the Omegas. You can easily hear the differences in your source/software, cables, tubes rolled, etc. through the Omegas where the Harbeths seem to almost mask things a bit.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #18 on: 3 Sep 2016, 06:51 pm »
Beautiful! I love that finish  :thumb:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 3 Sep 2016, 07:17 pm »
Lovely system Beatlebum.  Everything nice and matched aesthetically.  Is that a tube amp inside the cabinet?  I hope there is a vent fan in the cabinet, otherwise all tube amps/preamps etc. should be on top.  The blue tape could be replaced by little squares of the same at the two back corners of the speaker stand bases, hidden from view.  :thumb: