MAAC Meet May / June ?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: MAAC Meet May / June ?
« Reply #80 on: 18 Jun 2013, 02:39 pm »
It was great seeing everyone and checking out what Jon has on every floor.  I contributed to the beer imbalance as I brought 6 but did not drink any as I was still nursing a hangover from the night before.  I will have to come by and correct the imbalance later.  You are on my way back home from work.  Thanks for hosting Jon. :thumb:

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #81 on: 18 Jun 2013, 05:57 pm »
Glad you enjoyed yourself & welcome anytime!

I didn't also subject folks to the "office" and "bedroom" systems as I figured there was probably fatigue enough going between the different floors.  Anyway - as each area is small I figured it was nice to have people spread around as they liked vs being stuck to one spot / area.  And the more than half of it is the socializing anyway.  Seems MAAC doesn't get together enough - though thankfully we'll get another chance soon enough at CAF.

Phil A

« Reply #82 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:03 pm »
Seems MAAC doesn't get together enough - though thankfully we'll get another chance soon enough at CAF.

Jon, I concur.  The Space Coast Audio Society in central FL has get togethers about once a month.  I missed the couple I was aware of as one was on the day I drove back to VA and the other was a week after I drove back.  The 'other other Rich' has targeted the fall and I mentioned perhaps about 6 weeks after the CAF at my place.  Thanks for getting it started again.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #83 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:33 pm »
Well - if we could do one every TWO months, that would be a start.  E.g. if you did one in August, then r.wasserstrom perhaps in October?  Too much planning too far in advance?

Phil A

« Reply #84 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:11 pm »
Well - if we could do one every TWO months, that would be a start.  E.g. if you did one in August, then r.wasserstrom perhaps in October?  Too much planning too far in advance?

Jon, we could start a thread for the next couple and let everyone add their two cents.  A couple of thoughts.  The CAF is the very end of July.  RMAF is October 11-13.  After November people tend to get in the Holiday mode and some may even go the CES in early January.  People also tend to take more summer vacations and some may have kids going back to school in September.

So after Rich's mention of Fall, I was thinking that late October would probably yield the most availability.  With the rest of the stuff I noted above I thought mid September might be good for my place.  I think another thread with everyone's preferences so that the majority can have their say is probably good.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #85 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:38 pm »
Sounds good to me.  You want to kick off a new post / thread for a mid September meeting - and we can let Rich put out his own for late October, or whenever he had thought for Fall?

Phil A

« Reply #86 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:44 pm »
Sounds good to me.  You want to kick off a new post / thread for a mid September meeting - and we can let Rich put out his own for late October, or whenever he had thought for Fall?

Jon, will do

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #87 on: 19 Jun 2013, 03:15 pm »
It is a long drive from NJ (I believe).  He still has not answered my post in hours so maybe he isn't sure of my question :green:  In the pic he is looking at the direction of Doug or Scott (and coincidentally Scott is going to be away at the same time :scratch:) :lol:

Thanks for the kind thoughts Phil.  Although Doug and Scott are indeed handsome men in their own right, I'm not willing to foot the bill for the gender switching surgery that would be necessary to get my full attention. 

I am sorry I didn't make the meet, I was looking forward to it and it looks like you guys had a great time.  I'm recently (and suddenly) single so have taken a swing at the dating sites.  I had lovely dates with three different women Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, so although it's a bummer I didn't make it down to Jon's place, I'm taking a wild guess I may have had a slightly better time here at home.  Hope to see you guys at CAF and maybe the next meet at Phil's.