December MAAC meeting - Followup - QOL

DTB300

December MAAC meeting - Followup - QOL
« on: 17 Dec 2012, 06:53 pm »
So for the folks who could attend the meeting in So MD, how about a little blurb on the QOL???   Was my main reason to attend (dang daughter....) and then I see nothing posted about it.   I heard it at the CAAF, but only in a partial setup.

Phil A

Re: December MAAC meeting - Followup - QOL
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2012, 08:40 pm »
My impressions (and I still have a couple of old Carver C-9s laying around for fun and I'll use it every now and then) are that it tended to spread everything out but lose some of the dynamics.  Like the old Carver unit, there was some material that seem to spread out in a manner which was detrimental (too diffuse).  However, on most things it tended to do the spreading out more consistently than something like that the old Carver unit.  The strong point of the system we heard, and I mean really strong as it was probably among the best I've heard in that regard, was its dynamics.  There was 200 amp electrical service just for the audio system with ten 20 amp circuits with a single receptacle on each and four 400W mono amps to drive the speakers.  So the loss in dynamics is something that could be readily ascertained.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: December MAAC meeting - Followup - QOL
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2013, 12:35 pm »
Here is the MAAC meeting group from December 2012 at Avoosl's place.